Page 67 of 223 FirstFirst ... 536365666768697181 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Switch / Nintendo Switch Lite (Official Thread)

1. A Nintendo system to play Nintendo games

seems about right

2. I'm super stoked to see From Software listed as a developer for this. I'll buy a console for whatever they're doing.

3. Looks neat, I like the design and concept. But this really needs to have some SmartTV and tablet functionality to sell the form factor, and I don't know if Nintendo is going to get that right.

Like, it's going to have to reasonably replace people's tablets and Rokus, because people aren't going to want to carry two tablets around. If Nintendo can get that right, then they'll have a hit.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 20 Oct 2016 at 11:32 AM.

4. I love it. Normal controllers, a normal name, and one system to buy for both console and handheld Nintendo gaming. (And two player gaming on the go.) A little Neo Geo X-ish.
    Last edited by RoleTroll; 20 Oct 2016 at 11:32 AM.
    No gnus is good gnus.

5. I wish I could get search to work and dig up my years old post about how the next next gen would be just a sockable everyday device

6. I don't get it. So can you use the portable part as a second, complementary screen to your TV? Is processing power sacrificed in portable mode? Where's the d-pad?

I'm confused and frightened.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Dunlap View Post
    Don't care so much about what others think, Hero. What do you think?
    I'm only one consumer - what I think means practically nothing in terms of how this will be received, then supported in the long term.

I know I like the idea. It's a little underwhelming, but a home console that's semi-portable is neat! If it has good Nintendo games, even better!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

8. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    I don't get it. So can you use the portable part as a second, complementary screen to your TV? Is processing power sacrificed in portable mode? Where's the d-pad?

I'm confused and frightened.
    The Pro Controller has the proper d-pad. The portable version has four directional buttons instead. Which is honestly fine for most modern games.

9. So the face buttons on the left controller are all black (I guess because that will be the d-pad when you're using both). There's also that more traditional Pro controller.

The big thing they attach the Joy-Cons to while on a big screen seems to be a docking station for those controllers, not that they took the screen out and are using both at the same time. I don't think. The video made it seem nothing is sacrificed in either mode, so I'm guessing the docking station only holds the guts needed to make it go in a home environment (ethernet port, HDMI stuff, etc.).
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.