Page 213 of 223 FirstFirst ... 199209211212213214215217 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,130 of 2224

Thread: Nintendo Switch / Nintendo Switch Lite (Official Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Brianvgplayer View Post
    It's better than the NES/FC version, from what I have played. It doesn't have the collision detection issues of the NES/FC version. It's possible to get stuck on the left part of the screen on the first boss in that version. I also picked up "Kid Niki" for Switch recently, but it's the Japanese version of the game with no option to switch to the US version. Not necessarily a bad thing that it's the JP version, but the US version has checkpoints. JP version sends poor Yanchamaru all the way to the start of the stage when he dies.
    I cannot find any info online about the arcade version. I'm curious about it - do you have any links with info?

edit: N/m - I read that as Kid Icarus. I am retarded. Ignore.
    Last edited by Aurora; 08 Feb 2018 at 12:50 AM. Reason: i'm dumb
    I took all your French Toast.

2. Quote Originally Posted by sleeve View Post
    The option to switch to the US version is right there on the title screen, after you boot the game.
    odd. It only shows "Kid Niki Radical Ninja ORIGINAL MODE" on the title screen with high score and caravan mode when I boot it up. When I choose the Kid Niki option, it's the JP version. The game title screen that shows up for me is like the one in this video. I tried updating, but it tells me I have the latest version and it still only shows the one version.
    Last edited by Brianvgplayer; 10 Feb 2018 at 09:23 AM.

3. Gunbird is back up on the eShop.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

4. Kinda surprised this hasn't been posted/talked about here yet:

* Just kill off the 3DS already. This slow death of dripfed rehashes is painful.
    * Okami and Undertale on Switch, cool!
    * Octopath dated, nice.
    * SOLAIRE AMIIBO OMG CONSOLE WAR OVER. Still not gonna actually buy Dark Souls itself for the umpteenth time until it can be had for $20 or less, but Day One for sure on that figurine, lol.
    * Mario Tennis is looking great; with all the combative mechanics, the guy I watched the Direct with joked, "what is this, the Dark Souls of tennis?!" After the last one dumbed everything down, it's great to see them course-correct.
    * Captain Toad with new Mario Odyssey-based levels, cool. Never actually played it on Wii U; probably not worth bothering with if you did, but I'll get it.
    * Oh I am so fucking down for this single-player focused Splatoon 2 expansion. Plus playable Octolings in MP once you beat it! $20 is a bit of a bummer, but it's hard to complain when they've released so many free add-ons for MP.
    * SMASH BAYBEE! GET ON THE HYPE TRAAAAAAAAIIN!!! F'real though, I totally called the "and one more thing..." as Smash as soon as I saw glossy-rendered Inklings when we were supposed to be done hearing about Splatoon. I'm expecting it to essentially be Smash 4 Deluxe plus just enough new content to get away with calling it a sequel instead (even though it's pretty much the same game under the hood, Splatoon 2 style). Ah well, I'd much rather have that than wait another 5 years for them to build a new one from the ground up again.
    * Surprised there was not so much as a teaser for the next mainline Fire Emblem, supposed to be coming on Switch this year. Hopefully they're just saving it for a big blowout reveal at E3 and this doesn't mean it's delayed.
    * Not surprised at all OTOH not to see anything on Pokemon or Metroid Prime 4; if either of those comes out this year I'll eat my Club Nintendo Mario hat. (JK I didn't get the hat. )
    Last edited by Space Pirate Roberts; 10 Mar 2018 at 05:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

5. I'll gladly take Luigi's mansion and Captain Toad on 3DS.

6. I would buy Captain Toad if it was all new levels. A few small additions isn't enough of a difference for me.

It's also ridiculous that Nintendo is porting Wii U games to Switch and charging more than the original launch prices.

Captain Toad is my most wanted rehash. I love that damn game, would love to have it really portable.

8. Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    I would buy Captain Toad if it was all new levels. A few small additions isn't enough of a difference for me.

It's also ridiculous that Nintendo is porting Wii U games to Switch and charging more than the original launch prices.
    Captain Toad appears to be $40 like the original.

But in general they are getting away with full price on stuff they shouldn't. Even stuff like Kirby seems like a stretch for $60 to me.

9. When you think about how many Switch owners are new to these games, The price makes sense. A lot of people have never played these games before so it'll be refreshing to newer players getting into all these goodies. I'm shocked they hadn't ported Super Mario 3D World yet. Probably will do soon enough with a lot of extra content and they don't want Odyessy to be overshadowed by it.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

10. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Captain Toad appears to be $40 like the original.

But in general they are getting away with full price on stuff they shouldn't. Even stuff like Kirby seems like a stretch for $60 to me.
    It's worse for Canada this time, though. Wii U games that launched at $60-65 are now $80 Switch games. The exchange rate is partly to blame but Nintendo has been gouging above that since the Switch launch. When compared to more reasonable prices of PS4 remasters, it just makes me avoid buying Nintendo games.