Page 1 of 7 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: This Month's Haul: August (It's too damn hot!) 2019

1. This Month's Haul: August (It's too damn hot!) 2019

I swear it was 110 Degrees today. Just stepping out to my truck was like walking into an oven. It felt like I was in Phoenix.

I picked these up this week, at a HPB in Burleson Texas.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gamevet; 07 Aug 2019 at 06:17 AM.

2. I picked up Resident Evil 2 on PS4. It looks fantastic, but I made the mistake of starting on Hardcore. Not enough bullets and zombies are relentless. I am down to nothing pretty much running from typewriter to typewriter. Great remake.

3. I found some homebrew Dark Souls stuff for D&D and it got me back into the game, so I bought the Remastered version for PS4. This game holds up wonderfully; it really is a masterpiece.

The homebrew stuff I found was a guide and a bestiary but no module, so I decided to write one for my group! I basically converted the first half of the game and put the scenario as a demi-plane of shadow. The goal is to ring both Bells of Awakening and obtain the Lordvessel to return to the Material Plane. Any D&D players here interested in taking a look? I could use the feedback.

4. Picked this up for $2 while thrifting the other day. It's weird, I never find comic books/graphic novels at thrift stores.

IMG_2537.JPG

I will, but Im unfamiliar with both Dark Souls and 5e so...ymmv?

6. I haven’t played AD&D in decades. The last time was when I was @ 25.

7. Well, I'm looking for someone familiar with both because I want to try and get things as close to the game world as possible. DS translates quite well to D&D, but some elements, like certain maps and location descriptions, have to be reworked a bit.

8. I bought the Haohmaru Neo Geo Mini Limited. I had to for obvious reasons.

9. That's pretty cool! Those clearwhite plastic Neo CD pads are killer, great game list too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

10. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    I bought the Haohmaru Neo Geo Mini Limited. I had to for obvious reasons.

Those SamSho bundles look pretty great, I've not been all that interested in a Neo Geo Mini but I forsee a price drop on one of those LEs forcing my hand.