Page 14 of 223 FirstFirst ... 1012131415161828 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Switch / Nintendo Switch Lite (Official Thread)

1. Quote Originally Posted by Rtificial View Post
    But literally the next week they bought out several restaurants around Atlanta and threw parties for I'm guessing the still on board employees.
    Standard practice, trying to keep morale from cratering. Cheap, really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

I continue to like what I read about Kimishima:

Quote Originally Posted by GI
    He called the NX the "next step in our dedicated device strategy, the core and primary focus of our business." Moreover, he made it clear that NX will not have much in common with Nintendo's Wii product line.

"We talked about the transition from Wii hardware to the Wii U hardware and how difficult it is to explain to the consumer base what is different and new about the new hardware. It's difficult to convince them to switch from their current platform to the next platform. That being said, I can assure you we're not building the next version of Wii or Wii U. It's something unique and different. It's something where we have to move away from those platforms in order to make it something that will appeal to our consumer base," Kimishima explained.

3. I'd hoped that the new system would be a console keeping the current PS3-level innards, ditching the expensive controller for cheap standard controllers (or wiimotes), modernize the online experience, give it a respectable name, and launch at $199. (In other words, doing what they should have done with WiiU in the first place.) Obviously that's not the case. Good luck Nintendo, I think you'll need it.
    Last edited by RoleTroll; 03 Dec 2015 at 03:37 PM.

4. NX is going to be way different than what anyone except the one person who made an absurd and absurdly accurate guess is thinking. I'm actually starting to wonder if it'll be a replacement for Wii U at all, at least in the form we'll see (probably) next year.

Mario Maker and Splatoon and two of the biggest system sellers and would've been dramatically different if it wasn't for the tablet controller. Wii U is also the only console where NFC is built in, the amiibos are currently what's pulling Nintendo out of a hole.

(deep breath) The confusing name, the lack of anything both new and big (especially harmful in the shadow of PS4 and Xbone and which only sorted itself out this year), poor support for the Wii in late years, a reputation built up during the Wii era for ignoring dedicated gamers while losing the casual crowd to mobile, a high price, a system that looked weak and didn't seem to offer anything over Xbone and PS4 (so much that CNET was calling it a worst Christmas present of the year, damning even if the launch titles for PS4 and XBone were big dirty diapers full of butt coal and took as long as Wii U to git gud), high price for perceived value (partially the fault of the tablet, partially that Nintendo wanted profit off of each system sold), bad marketing that didn't clear anything up about the name, pitiful 3rd party support that only kind of righted itself with indies which will pay off but not until NX, on and on and on...

I used to think the tablet was the albatross around the Wii U's neck but it was a lot of things, the tablet the least of them. It took a looong time but the tablet was the part that worked out eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi
    I continue to like what I read about Kimishima:
    Kimishima is living up to my image of him as the best grandpa that knows everything and tells fantastic stories.
    Donk

5. Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    I used to think the tablet was the albatross around the Wii U's neck but it was a lot of things, the tablet the least of them. It took a looong time but the tablet was the part that worked out eventually.
    I hadn't realized this; it crept so slowly into being something good. I can't imagine anyone calling for a tablet-less model today like they were a couple years ago.

6. What game support has improved? I haven't bought anything new since I got my Wii U (I might be getting Xeno soon) so my tablet is still only used as a TV remote.

7. Mario Maker and Splatoon, some people like it for Fatal Frame, it's the NFC reader for whatever uses them miibos. I think Xenoblade Chronicles uses it as fast transport. It's not a lot but it counts in big things.

also the best remote ever
    Donk

8. I have Splatoon but I hated the tablet control. Mario Maker I could see.

9. also i hate you
    Donk

10. Quote Originally Posted by RoleTroll View Post
    I'd hoped that the new system would be a console keeping the current PS3-level innards, ditching the expensive controller for cheap standard controllers (or wiimotes), modernize the online experience, give it a respectable name, and launch at $199. (In other words, doing what they should have done with WiiU in the first place.) Obviously that's not the case. Good luck Nintendo, I think you'll need it.
    This is an absolutely terrible idea and wouldn't sell any more units than the Wii U already is. Part of the reason they lost 3rd party support was from having a system that was too far behind the other 2. Just selling a Wii U with only standard controllers and the same insides isn't going to help that. Plus if that's all you want buy a fucking Wii U and the pro controller. You can play most games with just that.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.