Page 69 of 223 FirstFirst ... 556567686970717383 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Switch / Nintendo Switch Lite (Official Thread)

1. Also you should win things by playing it.

2. Well, I'm sold. This is pretty much exactly what I want from Nintendo's next system. No stupid gimmicks - just gaming. And I love that I can now just purchase one Nintendo console to cover home and portable. I'm hopeful that, since it is cartridge based, it'll be backwards compatible. As a handheld, I think think 900p on a tablet sized screen with traditional sticks and buttons would be awesome. And as someone who isn't a graphics whore, it's perfectly acceptable to me as a home-console, especially since they'll have a pro controller available right out of the gate. One of my biggest worries was whether or not I'd be forced to use only the detachable controller(s) all the time. I always did like being able to play WiiU games in bed or whatever via the GamePad, but it was severely limited. It's nice to see I'll be able to continue that on the Switch to a much higher degree of quality.

The system seems to be off to a decent start third-party game wise, but I personally don't care much about that other than the fact that it would be nice to see more than just hardcore Nintendo fans buy it. I've gotten to the point where I have no expectations from a Nintendo console on that front. If the third-party support continues, great. If not, fine.

Best thing from the reveal trailer to me was what appears to be a new, truly 3D Mario title.
    Last edited by Shin Kazama; 20 Oct 2016 at 12:45 PM.
    I love the Power Glove. It's so bad.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    But how many on top are middleware/engine devs?
    Bottom two lines. There's a couple of parent company overlaps too like Gung-ho and Grasshopper.

It will be interesting if Nintendo still releases a new handheld as well, with lower specs than Switch but the same architecture and they make their first party games ultra scalable or they have two tiers of games with the 4DS playing only the lower and the switch playing both.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

4. The last third of the trailer showed an eSports event. I thought Nintendo had been pretty much against competitive play up until now? It'd be cool to seem them start to embrace it.

5. Worried about it being too large for japanese densha-a-go-goers. I want this to have a healthy jp handheld base plus one stop nintendo.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    But how many on top are middleware/engine devs?

Plus, nothing about this list means those devs will still be on board 3-8 months later...
    You are the biggest negative Nancy ever. All you've done is bitch and complain non-stop since it was announced. Christ man stop being so fucking negative about everything.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

7. Glad they have a pro controller -- I'm a little worried that snap together Joy-con won't feel real solid.

And cartridges make me happy. We've come full circle.
    Last edited by PKBMax; 20 Oct 2016 at 01:28 PM.

This looks like the best MonHun machine ever. Did you guys notice the tiny, Vita-like game cards being used?

No waggle, no multiscreen, no touch screen (?) and the only gimmick is portability, which I love. So down for this.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    This looks like the best MonHun machine ever. Did you guys notice the tiny, Vita-like game cards being used?

No waggle, no multiscreen, no touch screen (?) and the only gimmick is portability, which I love. So down for this.
    One of the people who has been spot on with the hardware prior to reveal stated that they were 100% certain the screen is, in fact, multi-touch.

10. I'd prefer it if there were no backwards compatability (aside from VC!). I don't want this hardware held back due to concessions made for past wacky design choices. I have a 3DS and Wii U. They aren't going anywhere.