Page 70 of 223 FirstFirst ... 566668697071727484 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Switch / Nintendo Switch Lite (Official Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Deewtaei View Post
    One of the people who has been spot on with the hardware prior to reveal stated that they were 100% certain the screen is, in fact, multi-touch.
    Even then it'd just be a big Nintendo Vita with no rear touchpad. So down for that.

2. Holy shit does that Joy Grip look bad. It's like someone thought giving the Jaguar controller another go was worthwhile. I hated how tiny (and uncomfortable) the Wii remote was for playing stuff like super mario wii. The Joy con's look better designed but they look too small to play with for more than 10 minutes.

Hero, you're fucking nuts thinking this will be less than $300. If they skimp on the battery this thing is dead in the water. I can't see them making another portable along with this if it's built right. They can still make a fortune in software sales with just this hardware.

3. I'm optimistic. I passed on the WiiU, so I have a large Nintendo itch that needs to be scratched. If this has a good web browser, Youtube, Hulu, etc., then I'm all in.

4. I like everything I see and I don't see the price point going above $300 for the base unit. Too much competition to go above that. I bet it feels cheap too. Glad there's a pro controller out there already.

5. Gimme a bunch of Capcom local multiplayer Virtual Console stuff and I'm in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

6. I said I was gonna wait a couple years until buying the NX, but it's impressive. Not just the hardware, although I already want to use that Pro controller with my PC. But it looks like Nintendo actually tried this time. One single toll for both the handheld and console sides? If this was Iwata's last contribution, he certainly ended on a high note.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    Internet brings up a good point, this might be the end of a Nintendo having separate console and handheld systems, if this is the one thing that covers both markets, all games they make might be for this.

That actually sounds amazing.
    Yes, this was probably a huge selling point for Nintendo, as it lightens the burden on them having to put out content for two systems.

It's a smart system and a good design. Whether or not it's mainstream successful is going to come down to the details, and a lot of the non-gaming stuff people expect from a tablet, which is not Nintendo's strong suit. I don't think they need to be AS GOOD as a tablet, but they need to have all the big media apps, and a good web experience at least, so it can at least be a casual tablet (which would also make it a good Roku alternative)

8. But can I play Picross on it?

9. I'm hoping they give the WiiU library another shot on this thing.

Sorry WiiUsers, you've been 32X'd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

Hey, I like the 32x.