Page 196 of 223 FirstFirst ... 182192194195196197198200210 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,960 of 2224

Thread: Nintendo Switch / Nintendo Switch Lite (Official Thread)

1. Wow. This is a big deal. I'm still turning this one over.

This is the essence of Nintendo's gamble with the Switch for the future of the console industry: that players will settle for good enough ports of AAA games in exchange for better mobility. Not only that, but players would rather have mobility than expensive premium features like 4K, 1080p, etc.

Doom and Wolfenstein 2 are a good control group for this. Both are relatively simple shooters that will probably look roughly the same on the Switch, and those Reddit photos bear this out. (Wolfenstein 1 came out in 2014 and 2 doesn't look that much better graphically.)

I really loved The New Order. I've got Wolfenstein 2 preordered on PS4, with special edition figurines and everything. But honestly I think I'd rather have a game like this on Switch where I can whip it out and play it in short bursts, with the sheer amount of travel I do these days.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

2. Id had a very good engine last gen, they were one of the few FPS developers targeting 60fps on 360. So I expect Doom to turn out quite good. Obviously it won't look as nice as the other versions but that's not the point.

3. Apparently they're cutting down the cartridge size/SD card footprint by making the multiplayer a separate, optional download. Pretty smart move especially since nobody wants to play it even on the systems with real online infrastructures.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

4. I'm really curious to try out more shooters on the Switch, because I fought the right analog stick via Joy-Cons to be pretty disappointing for playing Splatoon 2. I just have little faith at this point that it'll work well for most FPS titles.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

5. The joycon analogs do feel terrible. Buying the (overpriced) Pro controller day one was a wise move. I rarely undock the system to play Splatoon, but when I do, it feels pretty bad. Anyone use the Hori pad yet? The price is right but the removable D-pad looks terrible.

The 8bitdo pads are fucking awesome for digital only games, I've been using one to play Sonic and Wonderboy.

Quote Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
    The joycon analogs do feel terrible. Buying the (overpriced) Pro controller day one was a wise move. I rarely undock the system to play Splatoon, but when I do, it feels pretty bad. Anyone use the Hori pad yet? The price is right but the removable D-pad looks terrible.
    Attached Images Attached Images

8. Joycon is fine for me.

9. Quote Originally Posted by sleeve View Post
    (Wolfenstein 1 came out in 2014 and 2 doesn't look that much better graphically.)
    Not sure I agree with this. The move from idTech 5 to 6 is pretty huge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
    The joycon analogs do feel terrible. Buying the (overpriced) Pro controller day one was a wise move. I rarely undock the system to play Splatoon, but when I do, it feels pretty bad. Anyone use the Hori pad yet? The price is right but the removable D-pad looks terrible.
    I don't mind the Joycons at all, really. The triggers not being analog (and being kind of smushed with the shoulder buttons) and the D-pad feel like a compromise, but neither bother me enough that I've wanted to buy a Pro controller.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 14 Sep 2017 at 10:22 PM.

10. The analog sticks for the joycons are just like the vita. They are analog, and they are sticks, but they should be classified differently, like the slide pad on the 3ds. Analog mini, or analog nubs or something.

They work, but its very different from a regular analog stick from a console controller, you have get used to micro adjustments with very little resistance and you're probably using the tip of your thumbs rather than your entire thumb to move.

I'm not a fan in general and I kind of suck, but I got a lot more used to them after so much time playing Zelda. I don't have a pro controller yet, hoping to get one on sale, even a small one.
    John / JohnNiner / Niner