Page 110 of 223 FirstFirst ... 96106108109110111112114124 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 2224

Thread: Nintendo Switch / Nintendo Switch Lite (Official Thread)

1. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    Seriously. I fucking HATE motion control. Hopefully, there will be a standard control option.
    Motion controls of the sort Nintendo has championed are all basically the Activator for Sega Genesis; they're not tracking your whole movement, and allowing for a natural translation of those interactions in-game, they're just making you flap your arms around instead of pushing buttons with exactly the same amount of abstraction. They stink. They had a good run because they were different and novel for a time, but they aren't anymore and no one thinks that's a better way to play.

That said, Vive and Oculus Touch are magic. They do what we all wanted the Wii to do: Let you interact naturally as you would in the real world, and have that just work in-game. That's the ultimate legacy of motion control, and that's great, but this partially-tracked waggle nonsense in the Switch is not interesting to anyone.

2. Hey, it's the limited edition pre-order model!

WAKA WAKA

3. I checked out some more videos of USF2, and it's not a port of HDR at all. It doesn't have any of the balance changes, and it seems to have new(worse)music and new portraits that look more like the classic art. It looks like the HD engine might be new as well, since the animation had a lot of weird stutters and glitches that aren't there with the classic graphics, which now includes original backgrounds.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    I really don't know what the game community has turned into.
    It's always been this, we're just growing up and growing wise to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

5. Coil Man DLC when?

6. This thread is depressing to read. You're all just looking for shit to complain about, just for the sake of complaining. I'll be picking up my Switch on day one, and enjoying it for what it can do, rather than bitching about what it isn't.

Personally, I think it fixes the biggest problem the Wii U had, which was forcing certain gameplay aspects onto the gamepad. Star Fox Zero gets ridiculous when you have to switch between looking at the gamepad and the screen. Meanwhile, games like Tokyo Mirage Sessions divert your attention from the TV screen to look at "text messages" on the gamepad screen, and that gets annoying really fast. I love how the Switch is just like, "dock the bastard and play it on your t.v." or "fucking play it in bed, like a handheld." It doesn't try to be both at once. Instead, it gives you the choice to play it however you prefer to play it.

Zelda and Mario both look like a step in the right direction for their respective franchises as well. Arms looks fun as fuck too.

Pretty damn cool how the system essentially comes with two controllers as well. It will make it easier to play Mario Kart with my wife, without having to buy an extra controller on day one.

7. And the prophecy states, when thy brand mascot character appears with non-cartoon humans, thy next generation shall be a 3rd party.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

8. Quote Originally Posted by AstroBlue View Post
    And the prophecy states, when thy brand mascot character appears with non-cartoon humans, thy next generation shall be a 3rd party.
    And why is this aspect of Mario Odyssey such a sticking point with people? The trailer shows so many more diverse lands, than this one area. It's not like the entire game is set in the real world. This isn't The Smurfs live action movie here.

9. Quote Originally Posted by AstroBlue View Post
    And the prophecy states, when thy brand mascot character appears with non-cartoon humans, thy next generation shall be a 3rd party.
    Except Sega was already 3rd party before that happened, but why let facts get in the way of snark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

10. Holy shit you're the worst