Page 111 of 223 FirstFirst ... 97107109110111112113115125 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 2224

Thread: Nintendo Switch / Nintendo Switch Lite (Official Thread)

1. Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    Except Sega was already 3rd party before that happened, but why let facts get in the way of snark.
    Sonic Adventure came out in 1998 and Sega went third party in 2001, but why let the facts get in the way of snark.

2. As far as software for the Switch goes, I have to say that I'm extremely looking forward to Xenoblade 2 as well. I enjoyed Xenoblade Chronicles X, to an extent, but not nearly as much as the original game, because it seemed to focus more on the MMORPG aspects of the series than the JRPG aspects. I'm hoping Xenoblade 2 will follow more in the footsteps of the original.

3. I'm really curious to see XB2's combat system. I wonder if the new character designs represent a divergence between XB and XCX, with XB going a more traditional route.

4. I was looking forward to the switch, the trailer made it interesting but that whole 1/2 switch joypad just sucked the enthusiasm out. I went to bed during it because waggle.

But I am glad to read that there are a number of games I want, like Xenoblade 2 and Shin Megami Tensei (and Mario). I just don't get all the WiiU hate these days while Switch supporters seem to harbor. Switch is turning out exactly as WiiU from this conference, piss poor 3rd party/US support with a few quirky Japanese third party and really amazing 1st party games. I just don't expect the Switch doing much better than WiiU once the hype/scarcity (scalpers) dies down.

I love the WiiU, so I am good with Switch if it can have the same library of quality (mostly 1st party) games. For me, there is no reason to bother to buy on release until several of the first party games are out.

5. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    Sonic Adventure came out in 1998 and Sega went third party in 2001, but why let the facts get in the way of snark.
    Ah fuck, Adventure did have real people. I keep thinking of '06
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

6. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    I went to bed during it because waggle.
    Many people seem to be upset about the motion controls, but it seems like the motion controls are completely optional. I think we're far passed the days where core game series are going to rely solely on motion controls. Hell, even Super Mario Galaxy, on the Wii, used the motion controls sparingly.

7. I love me some great Nintendo first party games, but ever since the Wii, their consoles have not been worth the price of admission for me.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    Seriously. I fucking HATE motion control. Hopefully, there will be a standard control option.
    Confirmed during the Treehouse Live stream.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

9. I'm sure New Donk City will serve as a sort of hub to all the other cool places shown in the trailer. Yes, it's weird, but no more than a spaceship that tells you a really sad story.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

10. They're clearly doing a Donkey Kong On The Empire State Building thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!