Page 193 of 223 FirstFirst ... 179189191192193194195197207 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,930 of 2224

Thread: Nintendo Switch / Nintendo Switch Lite (Official Thread)

1. More SUPER MEAT BOY! Finally! /still sad the original soundtrack got gutted out of the game

ooo shovel knight update
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. What's up with the soundtrack? Didn't get rights or something?

I see that Nintendo has picked up on many of Microsoft's marketing tricks: "First on," "console exclusive," "exclusive content and functionality," etc. Phil Spencer is much more likeable than that guy though. "The definitive home for quality indie content" my ass.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    What's up with the soundtrack? Didn't get rights or something?
    I think they tried to stiff the soundtrack guy when the game got published on PS4 and he pulled his music. Poor move on their part, really hurts the game. That soundtrack was perfect.

From what I can gather, the OST was originally done on a 'friend rate' kind of basis. The game was massively successful, the soundtrack guy didn't see much of that cash, and when the time came to port to PS4 they came back to him with the same deal.

The original OST is on Spotify, so I guess that's half a solution.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 31 Aug 2017 at 10:58 AM.

5. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    I think they tried to stiff the soundtrack guy when the game got published on PS4 and he pulled his music. Poor move on their part, really hurts the game. That soundtrack was perfect.

From what I can gather, the OST was originally done on a 'friend rate' kind of basis. The game was massively successful, the soundtrack guy didn't see much of that cash, and when the time came to port to PS4 they came back to him with the same deal.

The original OST is on Spotify, so I guess that's half a solution.
    Yeah, the soundtrack really fits. I've only played it on 360/PC so I never noticed. Good for dude sticking to his guns though.

6. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    More SUPER MEAT BOY! Finally! /still sad the original soundtrack got gutted out of the game
    -1 sale.

I was all set to buy this but that Danny Baranowsky soundtrack defines the game IMO.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

7. Super Meat Boy Forever is an endless runner sequel thing so I don't mind if that doesn't have the OST, but they are re-releasing the Super Meat Boy PS4 version for Switch with the new soundtrack. Doesn't fit.

It's like taking the soundtrack out of Castlevania and dropping in Earthworm Jim's; the replacement could be perfectly fine in every way except that it does not fit.

Friday's Nintendo Voice Chat podcast mentioned that I think three of the indie games showcased had misleading exclusivity, including Super Meat Boy, which will not launch first on Switch. I'm not sure how you screw that up.

edit: Kentucky Route Zero was perhaps the most egregious. They claimed it as a console exclusive, but it's coming to PS4 and Xbox.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 05 Sep 2017 at 10:25 PM.

9. Doom and Wolfenstein 2 coming to Switch.

10. Just watched it. The Switch has so much great stuff coming out from 1st and 3rd party devs. They need to keep this momentum going.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL