Page 204 of 223 FirstFirst ... 190200202203204205206208218 ... LastLast
Results 2,031 to 2,040 of 2224

Thread: Nintendo Switch / Nintendo Switch Lite (Official Thread)

1. I prefer the portable Mario sports games to be 'bare bones' in terms of not having RPG elements that detract from the actual gameplay. The GBA golf and tennis games, and 3DS golf were all worse for having that nonsense.
    Just give me lots of characters and courses/courts and let me play the damn game.

2. I played (and didn't love) Demon's Souls, but haven't played a Dark Souls game yet. Is a remaster of the first still interesting now that 3 is out?

Most of these are not terribly exciting to me. I hear DK was good, but I'm not a big fan of the series, so it's hard for me to get hyped on it. Fe certainly looks to have a lot of potential, but again, nothing I'm genuinely excited for.

The fact that this was billed as a "mini" direct leads me to believe more news is coming in the near future, but even if that's so, I doubt it will bring a lot of news for Q1 or Q2. It's going to be a dry few months.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    I played (and didn't love) Demon's Souls, but haven't played a Dark Souls game yet. Is a remaster of the first still interesting now that 3 is out?
    Yes. DS still has the best level design of any of the series.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

4. Yeah, the first DS, especially the DLC is still the best of the Souls games.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

5. If you didn't like Demon's Souls, I'd guess you probably won't like Dark Souls. It's basically the same game except that it's a 3D Metroidvania instead of being broken up into levels. That said it's still worth checking out - it didn't click for me on the first time. As for whether it's still worthwhile with 3 out, that comes down to style preference; 3 embraces the fast, frantic combat of Bloodborne while 1 features the same much more deliberate feel as Demon's.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

6. Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    That was underwhelming if you already have a Wii U. They probably have some surprises for the first half of the year, though.
    I do feel for all 10 Wii U owners in the world.

For the rest of us, the more games get rescued from that piece of shit, the better.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

7. It's just irritating. When I visited stateside last year, I went to my favorite local game store and picked up some Wii U games. I figured the writing was already on the wall, and they weren't going to get any cheaper with age.

Included in my haul: Hyrule Heroes and Tropical Freeze. Naturally.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

8. I don't mind them poaching the Wii U library because why wouldn't they? I would like them to maybe discount the titles at least a little. Almost no development dollars went into these ports, and as far as I know they were all profitable on Wii U. But whatevs, I just won't buy them. Plenty of others will.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Space Pirate Roberts View Post
    If you didn't like Demon's Souls, I'd guess you probably won't like Dark Souls. It's basically the same game except that it's a 3D Metroidvania instead of being broken up into levels. That said it's still worth checking out - it didn't click for me on the first time. As for whether it's still worthwhile with 3 out, that comes down to style preference; 3 embraces the fast, frantic combat of Bloodborne while 1 features the same much more deliberate feel as Demon's.
    I think Dark Souls is a lot more accessible than Demon's Souls. Demon's Souls really required you to do a ton of work to get back to where you were when you died. Dark Souls' bonfires mitigate that issue to soften the blow a bunch, aside from the other gameplay improvements they made (like estus flasks). I personally got stuck at the first area boss in Demon's Souls and just lost interest in it, Dark Souls gave me more of an opportunity to get better at it. But yeah, if you don't like that style of gameplay altogether, your opinion probably won't change.

10. Quote Originally Posted by mollipen View Post
    I do feel for all 10 Wii U owners in the world.

For the rest of us, the more games get rescued from that piece of shit, the better.
    I fully agree that the games should be ported. But if there ends up being droughts of original content, I think it will be a legitimate complaint.