Page 217 of 223 FirstFirst ... 203213215216217218219221 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,170 of 2224

Thread: Nintendo Switch / Nintendo Switch Lite (Official Thread)

Other than playing Zelda at launch, I never really play my Switch much, mostly due to ergonomics. The handheld hurts my hands, portable mode with a controller is kind of a pain to set up, and no dpad on the joycons makes some of the games I'd like to play on it frustrating. So, I finally put on one of those dpad shell kits that are up on Amazon.

Not pictured, but I also got a grip thing at Target that clips onto the unit for better ergonomics. The combination makes this an actual joy to play, it's like I have a new system now and no hand cramps! The joycons were a pain in the ass to mod though, and for some reason my original right joycon died on the surgery table, had to go get another one. The dpad feels great, since the joycon has microswitched buttons it feels like a DSiXL dpad but a little bigger.

2. The Switch Lite looks exactly like what everyone was predicting.
    I was never too keen on motion control, or using individual joycons as awkward little gamepads, but having no HDMI out is a bummer.
    The dpad looks decent, but the position looks like it would suck for anything other than menu use, just like 3DS.
    I may pick one up eventually, but not at full price.

3. It looks stupid to me, but what do I know.

I don't use my Switch as a portable, ever. It's always docked to my TV, so losing that completely negates the point of the console to me. Plus, if you are using it as a portable, why would you want the smaller screen? Seems like it's just a kid specific version of the switch, a less expensive model you buy your 5 year old that's going to drag it around the house.

That being said, a game like Animal Crossing which has no cloud saving is specifically tied to a single Switch console, seems like a game you'd never want to play on this thing because you'd be dooming that town to a handheld forever.

4. I pretty much ONLY use Switch as a portable, so this would be great for me.
    Except most Switch games are not built with portability in mind, so things that are fine on your big screen tv are too small on the tablet.

5. 6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

6. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I pretty much ONLY use Switch as a portable, so this would be great for me.
    Except most Switch games are not built with portability in mind, so things that are fine on your big screen tv are too small on the tablet.
    And the screen is smaller, so if was too small before now it's even worse.

7. This gives off a serious impression of just meh to me. I mean it's cool and all but like Opaque, I play my Switch more on my television then I do on portable mode.

Also price was announced for $199.99. Pretty much a Nintendo 3DS. Bet you this son of a bitch doesn't come with a charger.
    Last edited by BonusKun; 10 Jul 2019 at 01:04 PM.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

8. If it doesn't, I would hope they fixed the port so that it actually works with all chargers. The Switch has a non-compliant USB-C port that causes it to be detected as an un-powered audio device by some chargers.

lol, of course it does.

I so use the Switch in portable mode most often, but it's too big to actually truly be portable so maybe this thing could actually be taken out of the house. As it is, if I go out of town I still take the 3ds and leave the Switch at home.

That said, I have no real interest in it until some future point when I can buy them on clearance, but maybe my daughter will want one for Christmas and I might do that.