Page 222 of 223 FirstFirst ... 208218220221222223 LastLast
Results 2,211 to 2,220 of 2224

Thread: Nintendo Switch / Nintendo Switch Lite (Official Thread)

1. Looks like Nintendo has figured out how to charge adults $60 for a brand new hernia.

2. I can't think of any year, let alone multiple years where nothing interesting came out. Consoles were shit when this gen started, but there was plenty of decent portable and indy shit.

3. O.K.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. You're making me feel like IP. I've asked two of you (you in an admittedly roundabout way) for a specific time frame that you thought was especially dour and both of you ignore the question.
    I'm not asking so I can print out a list of shit I liked and therefore you must too- I'm seriously curious what you felt were dark years, specifically.

5. I think Bonus is speaking specifically in the context of Nintendo home consoles. The N64 had some dire drought seasons, GC had some lean patches, and then there was the latter days of the Wii where NOA just seemed to want to coast on evergreen titles, where their release schedule was a big field of tumbleweeds despite them having games right there that people were badgering them about that NOE had already done all the localization legwork on.
    Last edited by Bacon McShig; 07 Sep 2019 at 01:21 PM.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    What era was this?
    In my case it would be more of the Genesis/SNES days. The few good RPGs we got we loved and played a ton of but compared to today's standards where RPGs are now 100% more mainstream and accepted it was pretty hard to get a lot of the games I wanted to play.

Edit: Just saw Bacon's post. I really hadn't thought about the N64 but I should have seeing as that god damn thing was not an RPGers system. It had a lot of good stuff in other categories but RPG's *Fuck Quest 64* wasn't one of them. Even tho some people are loathe to admit it, the PlayStation really brought one of my favorite genres into the mainstream light. I had maybe.. 3 N64 titles at most, Mario, Zelda, and Starfox and that was it.

My PS1 library is huge and had so many wonderful games to play. Hell I remember buying Metal Gear Solid when it was released and being blown away by how well the game was done. I never got into Gran Turismo, or Tomb Raider even tho I felt I should have tried the latter.

The Ade's games were great and I liked Spyro, Crash, and the other platformers which came out. Hell even to this day Jumping Flash was something I wish Sony hadn't forgotten. Anyways rambling here but yeah early console days while it had a lot of decent stuff, RPGs was you hoping you'd get a small drips of something compared to what Japan was getting. God bless Squaresoft.
    Last edited by BonusKun; 07 Sep 2019 at 02:18 PM.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

7. My perspective is different since by 1998 I was 22, had a decent enough job and had every console available at the time. Even if the Saturn didn't have a robust release schedule- hence me getting into imports- I had the Playstation and N64. So there was always something new for me. N64 was/is definitely my least enjoyed system. Paper Mario is literally the only game I enjoyed enough to finish. Didn't like Mario 64 or Zzzzzelda, wanted to like Star Fox but couldn't get into it. Had Mischief Makers but couldn't get into it.
    Paper Mario, Beetle Adv. Rac., and Excitebike were the only games I really liked.

8. I've been wanting a new Jumping Flash! or even a new Geograph Seal for the longest time. It would be perfect for VR.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I can't think of any year, let alone multiple years where nothing interesting came out. Consoles were shit when this gen started, but there was plenty of decent portable and indy shit.
    I've been keeping a spreadsheet of every game I bought or sold since 2012. Closest I could find to a dead year was 2012. The only new games I bought were XCOM, Xenoblade, and Persona 4 Arena. I picked up more 2012 games in the years following (Borderlands 2, New SMB Wii U, Diablo III, RE6), but it seems like a lull.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    My perspective is different since by 1998 I was 22, had a decent enough job and had every console available at the time. Even if the Saturn didn't have a robust release schedule- hence me getting into imports- I had the Playstation and N64. So there was always something new for me. N64 was/is definitely my least enjoyed system. Paper Mario is literally the only game I enjoyed enough to finish. Didn't like Mario 64 or Zzzzzelda, wanted to like Star Fox but couldn't get into it. Had Mischief Makers but couldn't get into it.
    Paper Mario, Beetle Adv. Rac., and Excitebike were the only games I really liked.
    Our taste is very similar! I would mention Tetrisphere too as one of the few games I loved on N64 along with Waverace.