Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 12222425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing? (Spring, 2015)

1. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    My PC is rocking FFXIV so much better than it used to, even on the Directx 11 upgrade. Turns out my nVidia drivers had fucked themselves over thanks to GeForce Experience, so when I wiped them and did a fresh install everything got a big improvement. There's only one area so far (the busiest spot in the game) that has dropped my framerate below 60 with everything cranked.
    I had to roll my drivers back 2 versions. It kept crashing, making a black screen pop up until it restored itself. Took just a couple seconds, but it was happening almost twice every single day.

2. I'm playing too many things again, not completing enough of them but there's just so much fun stuff out right now!

USF4 on PS4 is growing on me. I have run into a few of the graphics glitches like phantom booms and occasional screen tearing, and the sound is a fucking mess of way too loud or way too quiet (or some sounds missing entirely!) But I'm having fun with the controller, despite not being as good with it as a stick. Made me want to try out vanilla 4 on my PS3 again... the difference in the controllers is much more noticeable when playing the same(ish) game. Those triggers on the PS3 controller get in my way and get pressed way too often by mistake as compared to the streamlined and wonderful 4 controller.

Trials Fusion (PS4) - Since the season pass was on sale a while ago I had to grab it, as this version is a little prettier but more importantly runs much smoother than the 360 version. Have been going back and getting trophies and solid runs in, worked my way up to right around 1200 on the leaderboards whereas on 360 I'm still sub 400. I love this game so much. Evolution was still the best, though.

Witcher 3 - I have no way to know how long I've actually played since I often let it sit for a while, but I'm guessing somewhere around 30-35 hours so far and it's fucking marvelous. Just recently completed the Baron's questline and now I'm hitting up the ?'s around that area and thinking of helping him back in Crookback Bog. I had a dream the other night about wandering the countryside in this game, it's so lush and detailed that I'm wholly impressed.

Batman Arkham Knight - Borrowed from a coworker, I'm like 3% into it and it feels just like it should. I'm digging the batmobile but it is a little wonky control-wise. Having trouble deciding if I want to follow the main quest line first or go after every side thing I see. Probably will do all the side things, I like getting those upgrade points and there seems to be a shit ton of stuff to use them on. The first 15 minutes of the game I couldn't tell if I had loaded up a prettier version of City or if it was the new game, it felt almost identical. Not in a bad way, just saying.

Game of Thrones (TT) - I was looking through the game library and saw the first episode was free so I grabbed it. I know nothing about the books or show, so it's probably all lost on me. It's kinda boring.

Galaga Legions DX (PS3) - Grabbed it a while back when it was like $1, the difference between this and the first is night and day. So far I'm through area 6 on Hard and have only died once. Is it that the game is super easy or was I just that drunk when I played the original? I seriously couldn't get to the third world in the first game. I do really like the on the fly switching for your satellites, it feels more natural than placing them and having to call them back to place them again.

Dishonored (PS3) - Doing the first run Ghost and Clean Hands, almost to the Boyle's party now. I really do love this game, and I'll get it again if they do it on the newer systems.

Many others that I'm picking at here and there. That free Pokemon match 3 style game on the 3DS takes up a half hour each night and if it wasn't restricted by "lives" I would be playing it all the time. Also trying to get through Fire Emblem Awakening but I'm trying to level up a slew of shitty characters I never used before and that's kind of a slog.

3. And I liked FF8 up until the end.

DX Galaga is pretty easy, yeah. Gotta play for score

5. Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    And I liked FF8 up until the end.
    Good man.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

We're gonna need someone that knows the game well to defend it on the podcast when we get around to it, because I'm just going to talk shit about it non-stop.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

7. Josh has always been the biggest FF8 guardian.

The best part of FF8 is the opening and closing CG.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

8. I would, because even though it's terrible there were a lot of good ideas and interesting things it tried. But it's been so long that I would need to replay it to remember anything clearly, and I'm not sure that would happen anytime soon.

9. Right before or after Castilla Maldita?