Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 818202122232426 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing? (Spring, 2015)

Tip of the shit iceberg, man. I could go on and on.

Monster Hunter 4U.
    And because i never finished em...
    Dishonored,
    Fallout 3
    Deus Ex.(which takes like 5 minutes to not run like shit.)

And Mass Effect 2Because its awesome

3. DE:HR Directors Cut. Donate a buck and you get this, so I did and am rectifying the fact that I stopped playing last time after you get to Hong Kong? Or Shanghai? I don't know.

Either way.

4. So one of the things I've been enjoying since upgrading my computer is the fact that I can emulate Wii games at a solid 60 fps. I'm still somewhat limited in what I can play because not every game really lends itself to control-pad controls, but the Dual Shock 4 has the touch pad and tilt controls, so that goes a long way toward making things work.

Mario Galaxy 2: I played the first on my roommate's Wii, but never tried the second. Obviously it's more of the same, but the level design seems stronger. Looks gorgeous in HD, as well. I'm up to World 3 now and having a lot of fun.

NiGHTS: Journey Into Dreams: Always been curious about this one. I've only played two levels, so the verdict is still out, but it doesn't seem to be a terrible bastardization of the original. I could deal with less story though.

Sonic Colors: Pretty similar to Generations. No motion bullshit, same as Nights, so that's a big plus. I don't really love the linear level design in these later Sonics, but it's one of the better Sonic games of the post-Adventure era.

Wario Land: Shake It: This mostly just makes me wish I was playing Wario Land 4. Great looking, though.

Bleach: Versus Crusade: Import-only arena fighter by Treasure. Seems to work with classic controller, looks stylish, but I prefer their DS Bleach games.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 28 Jun 2015 at 09:46 PM.

5. What Are You Playing? (Spring, 2015)

The FF8 hate is out of line. Sure, the combat is broken. But the story is great until it falls apart at the end. This is the part where people forget that FF7 pretty much did the same cheap shit, and yet they can't stop pulling on their dicks whenever the game is mentioned. I get it, since many of them never played FF6, so they don't understand what a disappointing comedown 7 turned out to be.

Also, Triple Triad is genuinely fun. And it easily had the best soundtrack of the PS1 FFs. And it makes me nostalgic for a carefree time in my life between high school and every terrible thing that has followed, so fuck the haters.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

6. Also also, I think the Steam version basically comes with a cheat mode, so you can just power through it without a care in the world. That's nice.
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

7. The way mzo talks about FF8 makes it sound way better than it was in 1999.

Final Fantasy 7 is a disappointment after FF6?

Phew. Wow. Phew.
    Donk

Triple Triad was great. I liked the story in 8 a lot, because I am a sappy fucker. I'm betting I'd not be able to deal with the gameplay in 2015, so I won't, but I enjoyed 8 just fine.

9 was shit, btw. CLANK CLANK CLANK CLANK

oh josh, poor sad josh. No. No. No.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    The way mzo talks about FF8 makes it sound way better than it was in 1999.

Final Fantasy 7 is a disappointment after FF6?

Phew. Wow. Phew.
    I'm surprised. I pegged you as someone who would prefer 6 to 7 on the character art alone.

And none of the cast of 6 ever said "dilly-dally shilly-shally." That matters.