Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1020222324252628 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing? (Spring, 2015)

1. XII is the best one if we're progressing towards that list
    then my idea of what XIV is because i haven't played much, i don't have the time
    then IX
    then IV
    Then the big field in XIII
    Then Gilgamesh himself
    Donk

2. Quote Originally Posted by No One View Post
    VI probably has the best characters in the entire series (and the best antagonist), but like VIII it's a broken mess of a game to actually play.
    What the fuck? Explain.
    Edit: It's literally the same as the materia system in VII.

3. Which part?

4. Yeah, the esper/magicite system is more or less the same, but it's far, far easier to break the game with it. You have to really be trying not to end up with a party of dual-wielding, multi-casting death dealers by the end of the game. And that's not even taking into account how glitchy the original SNES game was. VII's endgame was total garbage for similar reasons, and pretty much all of VIII is an abusable mess because of the junction system.

Honestly, I think the only semi-balanced PSX Final Fantasy was IX.

5. If IX wasn't so slow and uncontrollable in combat it would be amazing. As is I still love it and the translation was fantastic and shits all over every prior entry.

Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    If IX wasn't so slow and uncontrollable in combat it would be amazing. As is I still love it and the translation was fantastic and shits all over every prior entry.
    I knew there was a reason you were my boy. I wish more people understand. 9 is the absolute best. followed by 12. best design, Best boss theme which is jsut a remix of we will rock you. and Vivi

7. IX is definitely in my top three. I do agree with Mech that the battles take too long, though. You can feel the PSX straining under the weight of it all.

8. I don't think there's a single non-SNES FF game I can stick with. They have their moments, but there's not shit that justifies a 50+ hour playtime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

9. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    I don't think there's a single non-SNES FF game I can stick with. They have their moments, but there's not shit that justifies a 50+ hour playtime.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

10. Considering XII is the one that pretty much has a guaranteed 50+ hours of playtime, I doubt he'd be into it much. Which is a shame, since it may very well be the best post-SNES installment.

After recently wrapping up X HD on the Vita, I'm pretty confident in saying that it's the worst game in the series. There's so much potential in the story (a massive Lovecraftian horror perpetrating an endless cycle of death that effectively prevents an entire world from ever developing past a certain point), and it's totally ruined by awful characters, awful dialogue, awful visual design and an endless parade of embarrassing JRPG tropes. Even the battle system, which I once found a lot of fun, eventually just becomes the same macro of buff/debuff, rotate every character in so they get exp and attack. Over and over and over again.

On the plus side, the music is lovely, a lot of the boss fights are really clever and it was an amazing spectacle for the time.