Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 13232526272829 LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing? (Spring, 2015)

1. Before. Fuck new experiences, gotta relive those old ones first.

2. Arkham Origins. This series went from Metal Gear Batman to Indigo Prophecy very quickly... I think I'm done with these.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Arkham Origins. This series went from Metal Gear Batman to Indigo Prophecy very quickly... I think I'm done with these.
    That's a good choice
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

4. The second drawn-out nonsense "crime scene reconstruction" scene did it. So lame, so very very lame.

Origins was farmed out and wasn't made by Rocksteady. They'd been working on the real sequel for years and WB got impatient and greedy.

Heard it wasn't even that bad but if you're gonna skip one, this is it.

6. No, you really should skip Origins and Arkham Knight... neither are worth your time.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    Origins was farmed out and wasn't made by Rocksteady. They'd been working on the real sequel for years and WB got impatient and greedy.

Heard it wasn't even that bad but if you're gonna skip one, this is it.
    Milage may vary, but the Quantic Dream knockoff stuff is exactly the opposite of the 'sneak around and take people out' bits I like about the games. They expand on the open world stuff too, which was really the worst part about Arkham City.

I'd have preferred it if he had a little Bat sailboat and had to play his Bat songs to get the Bat wind to go in the right direction. It would have taken the same amount of time to get from place to place and been much more charming.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 06 Jul 2015 at 12:46 PM.

8. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Milage may vary, but the Quantic Dream knockoff stuff is exactly the opposite of the 'sneak around and take people out' bits I like about the games. They expand on the open world stuff too, which was really the worst part about Arkham City.
    If you think that expansion of the open world is bad just wait till you get to Arkham Knight.

9. I can't say I'm super-excited about that one! The Batmobile stuff doesn't really do it for me, seems like getting *even farther* away from what I like about Metal Gear Batman.

I wouldn't mind the "crime scene" stuff as much if it actually felt like I was controlling anything. If it's going to be an FMV sequence, just show that and be done with it, don't make me dig around for the next slide in the presentation.

10. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    They expand on the open world stuff too, which was really the worst part about Arkham City.
    Does this go to say that you prefer Asylum over City? I'm just curious because I always seem to be in the minority with Asylum being my favorite.

I am playing Arkham Knight now. I Literally just started last night so I don't have much to say about it. I already know from videos and reviews that I'm not gonna like all the batmobile stuff. I was actually planning on waiting a year or so to get the game super cheap but a friend of mine bought it for the Xbox then almost immediately decided to buy the AK PS4 bundle and sold me the Xbox copy for the $25 he needed to get the PS4, heh.