Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Gaming News

Before another developer took it over, yes.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I'll let... Metacritic speak to that
    You know how fucking stupid you sound when you continually do this right?

You can't be an elitist piece of garbage and also cite Metacritic in the same breath. Either play some games or shut the fuck up.
    Last edited by FirstBlood; 09 Feb 2016 at 01:20 PM.

3. Clearly he feels that SpazioGames and Gameblog.fr are the real voices that determine what we should all be playing.

I play lots of games. This concept that it's impossible to judge quality without playing is ridiculous. I can only assume that FirstBlood never makes a purchase decision without first playing a demo. How else could he possibly decide?

Killer Instinct looks terrible to me, just as the original arcade and SNES games were. However, taste comes into play there. Metacritic is the closest thing we have to an objective aggregate, despite all it's warts. My take on any game that exists in the franchise wouldn't approach 73 in part because I don't have a 6-10 scale and in part because the series couldn't possibly appeal to me less... at least until Rash was shown.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 09 Feb 2016 at 02:42 PM.

5. Wouldn't your take require you to play fighting games? Might as well have me reviewing Derby Owners Club.

Every time I visit Metacritic I'm always amazed at the amount of websites and blogs that I've never heard of before and the weird scores they give. RottenTomatoes does a far better job with the same concept.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    This concept that it's impossible to judge quality without playing is ridiculous.
    It's not even remotely ridiculous. But that's not even what my point is.

For someone that talks/posts about games in the way that you do (and you know damn well what I mean by this), to be consistently passing judgement on things without playing/experiencing them is pathetic.

He who cites Metacritic first loses.

Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    Wouldn't your take require you to play fighting games?
    Yes, and I did at the time the original pieces of shit were released. That's most of why I have zero interest in the new one.

Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    Every time I visit Metacritic I'm always amazed at the amount of websites and blogs that I've never heard of before and the weird scores they give. RottenTomatoes does a far better job with the same concept.
    Agreed. However, the sites that I actually bother to read, e.g. Edge and Eurogamer, gave it a 7. To me that's how you test Metacritic. Does the overall number line up with individual ones in which you have some degree of trust?
    Last edited by Yoshi; 09 Feb 2016 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FirstBlood View Post
    It's not even remotely ridiculous. But that's not even what my point is.

For someone that talks/posts about games in the way that you do (and you know damn well what I mean by this), to be consistently passing judgement on things without playing/experiencing them is pathetic.
    Those are both the same point, and italics don't make it any more valid. Every single of one of us passes judgment on things with limited or no direct experience every day. If you know McDonald's makes shitty hamburgers, and they release a new hamburger, you don't need to try it to have an informed opinion that it's likely shit.

10. I don't think you really get it.

Also what a terrible analogy.
    Last edited by FirstBlood; 09 Feb 2016 at 03:55 PM.