Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 21214151617182030 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Gaming News

It's not an analogy. It's an example of passing judgment without direct experience.

edit: I'd like to hear your solution to objectively judge and compare games, because the genesis of all this bullshit is that I implied that KI wasn't good. I offered a source, albeit an imperfect one. I'm all ears on an alternative.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 09 Feb 2016 at 04:01 PM.

2. You're so weird.

I don't think you'll get an argument on that.

4. "It doesn't look good and has middling reviews, but then again I haven't played it. I'm not a fan of fighting games, you see."

That's not exactly accurate. There are modern fighting games I wish I had time to learn. This isn't one of them.

6. I like McD tho

There's nothing wrong with that. I have no doubt that I have enjoyed games that are more objectively not good. That's why I was trying to take personal tastes out of it.

8. I think there's a difference between not being into a series or genre, and having played something and not liked it. I think you can objectively look at something and say this isn't for me, but I can see where others would like it and it seems well made. It's like the Donkey Kong Country series for me. I don't like platforms that rely so much on memory of a stage and knowing when shit is going to happen, I just don't have fun with them. That said I can see how the games are well made and people like them and I'm not going to shit on them just because they're not for me.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

9. Yeah, my issue is with Yoshi specifically being a pompous piece of shit.

We're all guilty of passing judgement on things based on outside factors rather than personal experience. But Yoshi exerts so much effort to keep himself in this weird elitist bubble, to fall back on metacritic scores when called out on it just solidifies that his entire existence is built on bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I'd like to hear your solution to objectively judge and compare games, because the genesis of all this bullshit is that I implied that KI wasn't good. I offered a source, albeit an imperfect one. I'm all ears on an alternative.