Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2838404142434446 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Gaming News

1. Oh! That's weird, they don't list the promo on any of the product pages anymore.

2. Not to mention a few years ago that page would have had dozens of games. Practically every game that came out got the $10 preorder reward deal. Now it's just the tip-top AAA releases, as you can see.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

There same AAA games that I don't buy until they hit $20.

Taito Eidos is publishing "a new high-end original title" from People Can Fly. However, it won't be at E3.

Housemarque's latest game came out today. Nex Machina. Top down twinstick, and Eugene Jarvis himself lent a hand in some fashion for its creation. Unlike everything else they've done, it's also on Steam as well as PS4. Action is quick from the start and the pace is very fluid from one level to the next.

6. Bought it last night, can't wait

7. I'm still disappointed that they never finished Shot.

There's some interesting info buried in this Ark story:

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Stieglitz
    The reality turned out to be, and we didn't realise this until we got to the final phase of getting the game into retail channels, was that: in order to get the game into retailers—that is not digital retailers but physical ones, both for the physical disc PC version and the console version—the retailers and distributors wouldn't take it if the digital versions was cheaper than the retail version. They found that it would undermine their sales potential.
    So the troglodytes among us are keeping game prices high. Thanks!

9. Wasn't that the whole thing about digital? That it was supposed to be cheaper because there was not manufacturing, distribution, etc.? Shouldn't it be cheaper? Let the one who want the extended rental pay less and the ones who want a physical copy pay more. That was the whole selling point, wasn't it?

10. that was the intention yes, but I guess it leaves distribution chains high and dry when it comes to physical sales revenue

on one hand I kinda get it from a business standpoint, but on the other it's one of the biggest fuck you to consumers I've ever seen