Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 34444647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Gaming News

1. TR's hipster MO will only allow him to like 5 games at any one time.

I kind of want to create a google doc and just let everyone add their favorite games for each system just to see what we come up with.

We have this talk like every time one of these lists come out. It might be fun to finally put it to bed.

3. we made our own list once. it was hardly different than any other list out there.

I bet the kardashian game was not on it.

5. our mistake.

6. We should all do a hidden gem video.

I'm pretty sure that list is at least 10 years old by now, and reflected a more homogenized taste among those who chose the same games every time. It wouldn't work as well now because only 20 people would post in it and all 20 lists would have nothing in common.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    If you included every system ever, including arcade, there are probably 500.
    Right, as long as you're not interpreting the word "good" as some sort of high lofty standard. How many games are there in total, from present to now, across all platforms? 250000? It wouldn't seem to be too much of a stretch to me to say that 0.2% of those games are at least "good".

But your post does make me question how many arcade oriented games are going to show up on their list, as opposed to what proportion of it will be console oriented RPGs and collectathons and the like. I'd find it difficult to believe that anyone who has bothered to earnestly play both Mars Matrix and Donkey Kong 64 would consider the latter the better game, but I'm pretty sure that's going to be the one out of those two which will show up on this list.

Man, Mars Matrix was so good at release.

9. Quote Originally Posted by cigsthecat View Post
    Polygon is making a top 500 games list. A Kim Kardashian phone game has already beaten Zelda 2 and Ninja Gaiden. Some heads gonna asplode.
    I'm not sure what people expect. Polygon gonna Polygon.

10. If I thought they were clever enough I'd assume they did it on purpose.