Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2456781020 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Gaming News

Umihara Kawase coming to PC in October. Sayonara Umihara Kawase is coming first, with the Super Famicom and PS1 games coming later.

I meant to buy this on Vita but forgot about it. Guess I lucked out.

A new Nethack patch is out. 3.6.0 is go.

This and Darius makes up for a lot of stagnation in the rest of 2015.

3. Oh man, I've lost so many hours to Nethack, back before games really commanded that sort engagement. Perusing the notes though, it seems like all they're really adding is a bunch of quotes from Terry Pratchett novels, which I'm not sure is really going to pull me back in.

I have friends that still have that itch though, and they've gone nuts over Tomenet (http://www.tomenet.eu/). It's a multiplayer persistent world nethack that's amazingly complex.

Never heard of that before, looks neat.

I didn't pour over the notes directly but I think a main draw of the update, beyond the mere fact that it was made and shows a dev team of some sort being alive, is that they cleaned up the code. That's a good thing for the genre in general.

5. (I'M AWARE THIS IS OLD NEWS) But Heihachi's wife in Tekken begged Akuma to end her man's life? That. Is. Bonkers.

6. I love how pissed some of the Tekken fans are about this. King of the Irony Fist.

7. It's only fair, SFxTekken ruined a corner of Street Fighter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

8. Tekken can keep Akuma, that seems fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

9. I'm probably off on this, but he doesn't even seem like a holdover from the Tekken vs SF Namco was supposed to be working. The early shots of that had the SF guys seemingly more Tekken'ized. Akuma here has an SF style jump, a very non-Tekken logic Tatsumaki, and a sort of bulgy look that's at odds.

Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Tekken can keep Akuma, that seems fine.
    I think I like Akuma better in Tekken than SF.