Page 53 of 171 FirstFirst ... 394951525354555767 ... LastLast

Thread: Official MLB 2015 Season Thread

1. Meh.

2. That fucking stupid piece of shit Jennry Mejia was just suspended a full season for failing another PED test. He's a bum.

3. 162 games. GOOD LORD!

4. Papelbon to the Nats.

5. So the Rockies are apparently paying 6 dolla of remaining Tulowitskis contract. $6.00

Weird.

6. This fucking Jays team is going no where.

7. The Rangers start out with 5 runs scored in the 1st inning. It's too bad that they've allowed 19 runs by the Yankees by the 6th.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=350728113

8. Quote Originally Posted by Error View Post
    So Jays made a deal today.... Jose Reyes and your shitty fucking fielding can now fuck right off. Troy Tulowitksi comes back? WHAT? Also we traded two of our top pitching prospects to get him. WHAT?
    I don't understand this trade to be honest. Tulo is dope for sure but Reyes isn't exactly a bum. Tulo is also a constant injury risk and his home/road splits are significant. If I remember correctly from the MLB Network report (which is way better than ESPN, I don't know why you guys bother with that garbage) his road OPS is more than .100 points under his home OPS (everyone hits well at Coors Field). Either way you look at it, his OPS is over .800 and that's hard to come by in baseball these days. I could see the Jays doing this if they had a glaring hole at short stop but I don't see him as that big of an upgrade over Reyes and he has a bit contract to boot. He can be an impact player but how much time has he spent on the DL over the past four seasons?

Trade is good if it's straight up, or maybe with a middle level prospects but not two potential studs. How stacked is the Jays pitching depth in the minor leagues?

I also don't see the Rockies holding onto Reyes past the deadline. I think they have another move in mind (or they already did; I haven't checked news yet today).

The Phillies...damn. I knew they'd be bad this year but they're flirting with history. At least they'll likely get the first pick next year but it probably won't be a Harper or Strasburg. Hoping they can move all their vets by Friday for some good returns to rebuild their ravaged farm system.

9. Tulowitski is signed long term and Reyes is no longer an allstar in the field, he is rapidly turning into a pylon, so in that sense it is a definite upgrade. If you can't get an ace pitcher improve the defense behind the pitchers. Reyes had 8 errors in July, and he cost the team at least 2 games. As for his injury history supposedly they were treating symptoms until the hip surgery that kept him on the dl most recently, and they believe that should have solved things. I'm just as hesitant about the injuries as you would be, but Reyes himself is mister injured reserve so I don't see much of a difference there. We do apparently have a bunch of talented young pitchers, and young pitchers are a crap shoot at that stage so I would rather get an allstar now then a maybe in 3 years.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Error View Post
    If you can't get an ace pitcher improve the defense behind the pitchers.
    This is what the O's have been doing ever since Showalter and Duquette joined the organization. Seems to have worked so far. Now about that ace picther...

So I guess that Adderall exemption for Chris Davis is finally starting to payoff. Holy shit is he on a tear!
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill