Page 83 of 171 FirstFirst ... 697981828384858797 ... LastLast

Thread: Official MLB 2015 Season Thread

1. Suddenly the Mets forgot how to hit. This Joe Kelly fella for the Sawx has been good this month (6th win this month) though his 'stache is horrendous. Hopefully Thor has a great game in him tomorrow.

Mets pick up some jabroni named Addison Reed (former Dbacks closer) and claimed Eyechart (Marc Rzepczynski) via waiver though they have to make a deal for him. Can eyechart be any worse than O'Flahershit? Possibly.

2. Rzcep! Gotta keep an eye out for him!

3. I don't care if they turned over the entire fucking roster, ask Oakland how buying the AL West worked for them last year. You still have to put a team on the field that gels and performs.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    For fans of a team that shouldn't even exist, these guys are touchy.
    Heh.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Brettmatic View Post
    Point is the teams I mentioned made a big move to compete in the postseason they were already primed to make while the flurry of moves by Toronto were made by an average team desperate to make the postseason. 23 years is a long time though so good on them going for it with guys others may have avoided due to their likely status as rental players, we will find out if it's new Red Sox, new Marlins or just a waste of money/prospects.
    Some teams are just a player or 2 away from being just good, to being great. The Rangers made those kind of moves in 2010 and 2011 and it got them to the World Series. They've made a lot of moves this season, and they've went from being in the dog-house, to being a team that can compete with the best in the AL. I'd hate to be a fan of a team that just sat back and did nothing to improve their situation.

http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/po...om-hamels-choo
    Last edited by gamevet; 29 Aug 2015 at 10:57 PM.

6. Doesn't matter. Add more than one player and you're the new Red Sox. It's a new rule.

Oriole's way or no way.
    Last edited by Brisco Bold; 30 Aug 2015 at 08:01 PM.

7. Terry Collins is a terrible manager. Just thought I should share that with you all.

8. I'm at the game.

It's an odd game.

9. Jays sweep away the Tigers. Indians next.

10. Well that was a nerve wracking 9th. Mets win!