Page 80 of 171 FirstFirst ... 667678798081828494 ... LastLast

Thread: Official MLB 2015 Season Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by Error View Post
    Ya about that....

This is what I mean about how I feel about this team. It's completely different. Old team stats don't mean anything. It's been galvanized into something new with the trade deadline deals.
    They show a lot of discipline with their hitters. They do a great job of not falling for slightly outside and low pitches. The Rangers were their own worst enemy in that 1st game though.

2. I agree with everything you said. But the Jays punish mistakes. They feast on them.

3. Yankee fans are going insane because of a (possible) down year. Fans calling for Girardi's head. What the hell did Joe do wrong?

4. He agreed to manage the Yankees.

5. The Yankees caught some good luck as the Jays and Orioles have both been underachieving. Based on expected W-L the O's should have 69 wins and the Jays should have 81 (!). If it is sorting out now, that's why the season is so damn long.

Also the Yankees roster is full of old people. Maybe they need cotton jerseys.

6. Heh. Cotton jerseys.

Where are you getting the expected wins numbers?

7. Quote Originally Posted by Error View Post
    I agree with everything you said. But the Jays punish mistakes. They feast on them.
    Game 1 was a collapse by the Rangers. You had a golden glove 3rd baseman making a poor throw to 1st and a clutch closer not hitting his marks. It reminded me of the Rangers game 5 loss in the 2010 World Series when they were 1 out away, Cruz missed an easy catch and their closer got toasted after the error. The team ended up losing the last 2 games and the series.

Beltre has been there/done that so many times that I'm a bit shocked to see him make 2 bad throws to 1st in 2 consecutive games. It's not like him to do that.
    Last edited by gamevet; 27 Aug 2015 at 11:30 AM.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Error View Post
    Heh. Cotton jerseys.

Where are you getting the expected wins numbers?
    ESPN's expanded standings list it. It's a very simple formula based on run differential.

9. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    It reminded me of the Rangers game 5 loss in the 2010 World Series when they were 1 out away, Cruz missed an easy catch and their closer got toasted after the error. The team ended up losing the last 2 games and the series.
    Ugh, remember that. So painful.

Two times you guys were one out away from being champions. Two times!

Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    ESPN's expanded standings list it. It's a very simple formula based on run differential.
    It seems like it would be very easy to do it better with the variance of run differential per game. Otherwise, a team that has a 0 run differential aside from three 10-0 wins or losses has the same expected wins as a team that has won 30 games by one run while breaking even in the others.