Thread: The Technomancer (PC, PS4, One)

The Technomancer (PC, PS4, One)

Quote Originally Posted by Eurogamer
    Spiders, the Paris-based developer of Bound by Flame, has announced its next game: The Technomancer.

The Technomancer is described as a post-apocalyptic action RPG set in a cyberpunk world, and is due out for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in 2016. Publisher Focus Home Interactive released a few images, below.

For combat, expect four different skill trees and three different fighting styles. Out of combat, there's conversation dialogue and a story that reacts to the decisions you make. The story, apparently, has up to five different endings. Also, there's a crafting system for weapons and armour for yourself and your companions.

The action takes place on Mars, with the Technomancer on the run from the Secret Police.
    Link

Click for full size

Click for full size

It's good to see that someone is making another cyberpunk ARPG so that CDProjekt Red's has something to make its bitch.

2. Read this as Techromancer. Came in and was disappointed.

Spiders' previous games are nothing to write home about. The games are weird hybrids of Eurojank and BioWare, never fully embracing the ambition of most European RPGs but never coming close to the polish and structure of BioWare's RPGs. It's an unsatisfying middle ground that delivers all the bugs and sloppiness of European RPGs and the linear, directed nature of Canadian RPGs. There's potential here, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

There's something especially satisfying about seeing you type "Eurojank," mi Commodore Amigo.

Just because I love European games doesn't mean I'm blind to the flaws common to many of them.