Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DVD ripping and burning software

1. I love handbrake. Its got the ATV3 preset, makes watching movies on the go a breeze.

What I'd really like to do is take like both dvd releases of Transformers The Movie and put all the content on one disk.

Converting and compressing video files isn't even worth talking about. Fucking VLC will do that on its own.

A noble effort, sir.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    If you decide to join the early 2000's and rip your movies to mp4 for streaming I'd suggest Handbrake.
    Just don't use Handbrake to rip from the DVD itself. Since it's also doing the job of encoding and whatnot, it ends up putting a lot more wear and tear on your drive if you do that.

My usual process is to use Mac The Ripper to rip the disc, then Handbrake to encode from the rip.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

I'm using BDlot DVD ISO Master to make ISO files. It rips all the DRM, region codes and other shit off the disk, giving you a pure ISO file.

I figure that will give me a good file to start with.

Ever since I learned that I could have multiple audio tracks on a single mp4 I've never looked at disc based media the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    compressing video files isn't even worth talking about. Fucking VLC will do that on its own.
    I get what you're saying, but you don't have to compress. Though the question of whether or not you could spot the difference between a properly compressed file and DVD quality video is one to ponder.

Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi View Post
    Just don't use Handbrake to rip from the DVD itself. Since it's also doing the job of encoding and whatnot, it ends up putting a lot more wear and tear on your drive if you do that.
    I haven't owned a computer with a CD/DVD drive since Texas. I have a USB DVD drive I drag out once or twice a year. It'll be ok.

Good looking out though.

Why are you even in this thread then?

Anthropology.

10. I'm not sure about going to the trouble of taking something off of a disc then putting it back on to a different disc at this stage of things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!