Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Daredevil (Netflix Series)

I hope one day Netflix does Wizard and Glass.

Also there are references to other places in New York both visually and in dialogue.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Hell's Kitchen is in Manhattan. They call it Clinton now and it's a nice area on the west side of midtown. It's where Comic Con is and shit. It's just oddly specific to only reference such a small area.

I could understand your confusion though considering Manhattan's skyline is always shown across the river in the background. I guess there's a large mirror in the Hudson.
    Who cares?
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. People who occasionally take the train to New York.

5. It's just weird to me that they avoid ever saying the words "New York" for an entire season. It's awkward like watching someone try to walk down the sidewalk without stepping on the cracks. I don't know why they do it. It makes it feel like they didn't get the IP rights to New York or something. No one talks like that in real life.

My point is not so much that they got Hell's Kitchen wrong. It's a comic book, who cares? It's just all the awkward and interchangeable references to either "This City" or "Hell's Kitchen" and never ever once "New York".
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 27 Apr 2015 at 08:13 AM.

6. You ever read a comic book? Superheroes are always going on about THIS CITY.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

7. This was a lot of fun to watch. Any complaints are really nit-picky, looking forward to season 2.

Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    You ever read a comic book? Superheroes are always going on about THIS CITY.
    Just pretend it's the Tick.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

9. Every superhero show in the last 3 years has used the THIS CITY phrase to describe their crazy hijinks.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    It's a comic book, who cares? It's just all the awkward and interchangeable references to either "This City" or "Hell's Kitchen" and never ever once "New York".
    There was one time I recall New York being mentioned. "Who do you work for?" "City of New York."