Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness (PS4)

Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness (PS4)

Quote Originally Posted by GamesRadar
    So the not-so-cryptic teaser from Square Enix last week was indeed a tease for the announcement of a brand new Star Ocean title. Revealed in the new issue of Famitsu, Star Ocean 5: Integrity And Faithlessness is being developed by Tri-Ace and will be released on both PS3 and PS4.

There is no release date as yet but battles in game are reported to be seamless and in real time and the development team are taking inspiration from Star Ocean 3.

As reported by Gematsu, producer Shuichi Kobayashi says in Famitsu “I decided to change positions and become a producer out of the belief that Star Ocean is worth staking my life and legacy on. For Star Ocean 5, I wanted the game to overtly take cues from Star Ocean 3 and draw its essence from that game.”

“Star Ocean 5 is about bringing a sense of reassurance back to longtime fans which is why the game’s logo is reminiscent of Star Ocean 3’s.”

The team is clearly making sure as many people as possible can play by developing the game for PS3 and then porting up to PS4. Square Enix is to be considering unique ways to use PS4’s Share functionality for the game. In terms of production, release looks like a long way off as development is reported to be 30% complete.
    Link
    Last edited by Yoshi; 16 Jun 2015 at 02:05 PM.

2. He wants to take cues from Star Ocean 3? Like, on purpose?

3. These cross gen jRPG's are so strange.

4. I couldn't get into the last Star Ocean.... the combat system seems retarded.

The combat system was the only redeeming quality that SO4 had.

6. It's irritating to see all these JRPG's not hit the XBO, the system needs more variety in games.

7. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    He wants to take cues from Star Ocean 3? Like, on purpose?
    Well, it's the best one in the series, so why not?
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

8. Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi View Post
    Pretty much this.

2 was one of my favorite PS1 JRPGs. 3 was great--some loved it in spite of the Big Reveal. I loved it because of it. Ballsy move at a time when the genre was starting to feel stale.

4... wasn't THAT bad. Glad they're taking inspiration from better days, though. If FFXV smartly does the same, we're in for some good times ahead.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

9. Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi View Post
    3 is the one that writes itself into a corner and pulls the "We're all just characters in a video game" move, right?
    2 is a masterpiece.

10. Sure, Til The End of Time's story was kind of out there at points. But what's important is that it was far more fun as a game, and that's what I cared the most about.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.