Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 791011121315 ... LastLast

Thread: The General Purpose Arcade Thread.

1. yeah, all 5 (?) of them.

Six. Two Jo Jos, three SFIIIs, and Red Earth/Warzard.

3. Yeah, I forgot there were two jo jo.

4. Why the hell has Red Earth never been released on console?
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

5. CPS3 preloads the entire game from CD to memory, then just looks for CD as a check.

The sound issue is probably electrical, but I don't know the specifics. IIRC one of the holes in the metal PCB case is an opening for the volume knob (apologies if that's obvious and you know already). I remember that the volume would scratch/pop sometimes when adjusting that. It's probably a pot controlling something there, so it might need to be replaced. Or you might just try adjusting a bit to see if it just has a better connection when you change it a bit.
    John / JohnNiner / Niner

6. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Why the hell has Red Earth never been released on console?
    Probably because it would take work to make it replayable. It's got a save system but is pretty much a one shot deal.

Lack of Co-Op is probably another knock against it.

They could make a really rad home port out of it, but I don't know if they'd want to risk the time/money at this point when it wasn't exactly a successful arcade game to start with.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 07 Aug 2015 at 02:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

8. I never knew the moniker just said "THREE." What happened to the Capcom with the balls to do that?

Frog covered it somewhere or other recently. They formed Platinum and eventually Tango Gameworks.

10. The game was always called Street Fighter III: New Generation.

THREE was just on the marquee.