Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9111213141517 ... LastLast

Thread: The General Purpose Arcade Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    Doesn't Asteroids use a vector monitor?
    Yes.

Moving the in-depth GI Joe conversation here where it belongs, the board doesn't have free play, so I'm glad I practiced my flicking in the dark skills on AvP and TNL's moms. On the up side, it supports stereo, which is fairly rare, and the connector is the same the MVS one slots that support stereo use, so I'm in business with awesome sound.

After waiting several excruciating hours from delivery to the end of a relatively busy work day, I was finally able to give it a solid go. I definitely had never played it before, because I would have remembered the level of awesomeness. Yeller's comment in the Haul thread is spot on. This is clearly based on the golden era of GI Joe. Duke, Snake Eyes, Scarlett, and token Roadblock are playable, and you get to fight Crimson Guards, BATS, HISS tanks, etc. It's like living out a large portion of my childhood again but also for the first time in way. What a rare and fantastic opportunity.

3. I remember playing that and the Sega Spider-Man game sometime in the mid-nineties for the first time at the same hotel game room, I couldn't believe my luck. Both are still burned in my brain as some kind of ideal for either franchise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

I definitely played Spider-Man, but I'm less of a fan of that IP. I spent a lot of time in arcades in the early to mid-1990s, but I never did come across GI Joe, because I sure as hell would have played it.

I was going to scoff at the price for an emulator board, but it's actually a real Z80 with an FPGA. Intriguing.

I'd scoff at anything other than $0 for an emulator board.

Hey, the Pandora 3 is pretty sweet for the games that work well on it. It's also $60. That being said, I only play about 10 games out of 500+ on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

It is intriguing, I'm thinking over getting one.
    To boldly go where lots of men have gone before...

I'll write up some in depth impressions later. I really like it but it has its faults, like the version of Turtles in Time on there has a game breaking bug.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.