Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 212141516171820 ... LastLast

Thread: The General Purpose Arcade Thread.

It's too bad the best era for arcade compilations is plagued by gross filtered graphics. I mostly just play those games on MAME instead.

The Capcom ps2 collections drive me nuts since they are 480i, but they are the best way of playing a lot of those games on my pvm. Using a Pandora Box 3 and a supergun looks better since its 240p but it has its own issues.

3. Raimais is also on the PSP Taito Legends Power-Up. Good times. The orange cars make U-turns if you come at them head on and get too close- useful on the blue stage 12. The multiple endings are a nice feature.

Good) You have the mirror of light, use it to reflect Mr. Molto's laser and kill him, then free your brother. 600,000 pts.
    Bad) You DON'T have the mirror of light. While your brother comes out and shoots Mr. Molto, he is killed also, but you survive. 600,000 pts.
    Worst) You are killed. If you don't hit the button to raise the mirror on the last move, you are 1HKOed. Perma-Death. No bonus. Credits still roll.

Warps quit working for the rest of a game if you have lost a life- if you're going for a high score, suicide once.

I successfully changed my first CPS2 battery! My AvP was still running on its original, so I was on borrowed time. I found the T20 torx on a key ring with six others at Harbor Freight for less than $6 for anyone else that may need one.

I should do that to my ssf2 board sometime. The battery looks new, but I have no clue when it was done.

I looked closer at the battery I replaced, and it had a March 1994 date on it. Holy shit.

7. What do you think about the various MAME-based arcade systems out there, usually for around $2500? (X-Arcade, Arcade Classics, etc)
    Last edited by RoleTroll; 08 Jan 2016 at 09:30 PM.

8. I think they are overpriced.

Ridiculously overpriced. Unethical too.
    To boldly go where lots of men have gone before...

10. Quote Originally Posted by RoleTroll View Post
    What do you think about the various MAME-based arcade systems out there, usually for around $2500? (X-Arcade, Arcade Classics, etc)
    $2500.00 for a fucking bootleg? That's insane...
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL