Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1020222324

Thread: The General Purpose Arcade Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    While on vacation, I went to a place in San Antonio called America's Incredible Pizza Company, which was pretty cool but lacked that classic arcade atmosphere entirely. My kids don't understand what it was like, no matter how I try to explain it. I guess it was something you just had to "be there" for.
    Well, if you ever happen to be in the Chicago area, I'd recommend you visit Galloping Ghost. From the visit to the page I made, that Pizza place just looked like a mash up between a Chuck E Cheese and a Dave n Busters, and that's not a good recipe for an arcade experience.

Also, I hope your book makes mention of Bank Panic. That's something I missed in all the times I've ever used MAME until I played it at GG and I find it charming.

While I'm here, I'd like to mention Magician's Dead, since nobody else has. I still have yet to play it online against other players so I don't even know how hectic things can get, but things get busy in a hurry at the earliest stages of play.

It's neat. I'll need to play it more to see if it's justifiable as something I would recommend to others, but the concept is novel at least.

How does everyone feel about these 161 in 1 mvs carts? Is there anything for reliable than these bootleg things? Mvs everdrive?

Also, does anyone know what the original stick was in these cabs? Happy 4 way? 8 way?

3. I've got one sitting on my shelf that I'd be happy to loan to you, I haven't had a chance to take it for a ride yet. It's the banana cart.

Big list on what works and what doesn't: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showth...Game-Breakdown , consider the rest of the thread to be 'unreliable narrators'.

Sounds like the MVS Everdrive is $499 on deep backorder. No idea about reliability.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 25 Feb 2018 at 03:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    How does everyone feel about these 161 in 1 mvs carts? Is there anything for reliable than these bootleg things? Mvs everdrive?

Also, does anyone know what the original stick was in these cabs? Happy 4 way? 8 way?
    Most of the MVS cabs I've seen use Happ Super 8-way sticks, the ones with the slightly stubbier handles.
    I think the 4-way and 8-way are the same thing now, with an actuator that that can do both modes by being flipped over. NeoGeo games are all 8-way anyway.

The NeoSD is the best flash cart we're likely to get. Aside from that I prefer the 120 in 1 multi over the 161 since it has some games working properly that the banana doesn't and it didn't require you to file the sides of the boards to fit some slots. That said, I have both the 120 and 161, which covers the majority of the Neo library.

6. Quote Originally Posted by dog$ View Post
    Also, I hope your book makes mention of Bank Panic. That's something I missed in all the times I've ever used MAME until I played it at GG and I find it charming.
    I really wanted to, but there was no development information available, in English or Japanese. The same happened with Rail Chase and its sequel.