Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2456781020 ... LastLast

Thread: The General Purpose Arcade Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Darmonde View Post
    CapAm or MM?
    Cap'n Murka! I'm a nerd for cap, but I've never played the game.

2. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    Cap'n Murka! I'm a nerd for cap, but I've never played the game.
    It's not that great. That isn't to say it's bad, but it's just bleh. The voiceover is great though.

The AVENNNNNNNNNGERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRS

I'll send it along for you guys to try. The backgrounds are kind of messed up but the game played fine the couple times I went through it.

It's actually a fun game! Looks super cheap but plays pretty well for an old 2 button brawler. And of course has some of the best one liner voice clips you'll ever hear. Might be some nostalgia talking here though.
    John / JohnNiner / Niner

That's all I really want from a licensed brawler.

Captain America and the Avengers is a great arcade game with some fucking miserable home ports. Just disgusting, really.

Hey Gohan, your PM box is full, so I never got around to posting. Sent you a box, did it get to you ok?
    John / JohnNiner / Niner

Doh! Yeah, I got it safe and sound, I'll clean some space and shoot you a message.

8. Gohan must be one popular cat, his pm box is always full.

I'm headed back into the Neo game. This will be the first time I've had one with a cabinet, so I'm pretty excited. I'd be even more excited if MVS prices hadn't gone nuts recently.

I need to get some stuff like a stereo cable, a card reader board, and a Unibios chip to do this right.

edit: But no suicide batteries, because SNK doesn't didn't suck.

edit2: Kid Panda on neo-geo.com hooked me up with the cable and Unibios. I love how quickly stuff happens over there.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 03 Jul 2015 at 05:53 PM.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    Captain America and the Avengers is a great arcade game with some fucking miserable home ports. Just disgusting, really.
    That SNES version may suck, but the Genesis one is reasonably good, and even has the bosses' taunts (with decent if not perfect voice quality) like Mandarin's "SEEEE MY POWAAAH!". BGM is great thanks to Hitoshi Sakimoto & Shogo Sakai. Some of the finer background details get stripped but this isn't bad for cramming it into 8 Meg.