Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 578910111323 ... LastLast

Thread: The General Purpose Arcade Thread.

1. I saw nothing that that last thing would plug into.

Where do the buttons that already work connect?

3. Into the jamma harness. I think it's a mess because the controller section was built to disconnect from the rest of the cabinet. When I attach the controller section, there are three sets of wires with plastic connectors that plug into the Jamma harness wires. I followed the wires from the connector that's hanging, and they do plug into the connector that leads to the kick buttons in the controller panel. So my guess is that whoever built this thing made it so that the kick harness coming off the board could be detached from the harness that connects to the kick wires that feed into the controller. Which makes no sense to me as there's already a disconnect in place there. So instead of the wires leading directly from the motherboard into the buttons, they're broken off into 3 sections. I'm convinced from looking at the end of the wires in the second pic that they were fed into a connector that plugged into the thing in the last pic, but for whatever reason is no longer present. Tomorrow I'm going to pick up some open ended connectors, cut off that connector in the second pic, and just splice the two sections together.

I think it's pretty typical for the control panel to be somewhat separated from the internals. It just sounds like you have an extra set of wires in the middle instead of the I/O PCB.

I think that's so you could repurpose the cab to a 3 or 4 player game eventually if you wanted, but I'm not sure. The piece with the wires coming out next to the jamma slot is the kick harness. Here's the pinout for it: [LINK] http://junkerhq.net/xrgb/index.php?t...PS-III#Harness[/LINK]

I'll try to get by the barcade as soon as I can to look at one, but I'm not sure there's anything CPS3.
    To boldly go where lots of men have gone before...

6. From what little I've read, the CPS 3 setup is basically the same as CPS2.

Yeah, I was gonna say, that looks a whole lot like a CPS2 kick harness. On CPS2, you can just hook the wires directly to the buttons if necessary, ground can be daisy chained with the rest of the buttons.

Full disclosure: I know nothing of actual cabs, my shizzle be consolized yo.

Just verifying that you're all winners. That's the kick harness and it was probably split so a different connector could be attached to the buttons if needed, CPS1 boards use a different connector. CPS2 and 3 are the same.

Do you mind taking a picture of the full cab? I'd like to see it. Your CPS3 board looks pristine also.
    John / JohnNiner / Niner

I've got an uncut CPS2 kick harness if you need one btw.

10. He only goes for circumcised harnesses.