Page 1 of 24 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: The General Purpose Arcade Thread.

1. The General Purpose Arcade Thread.

Post finds, discussions, desires, whatever.

Ever since I got Virtual On, I've wanted more. But I'm not having any luck finding much of anything.

Anyway, I was talking with a nerd last night and he asked this question: What 2D arcade fighting games did Sega produce other than Golden Axe The Duel. I couldn't think of any. Were there any?

Not that I can think of.

I currently have my PVM setup to be a mini ghetto arcade of sorts. A consolized Atomiswave and Neo Geo are hooked up right now and I've been playing Dolphin Blue a bit here and there. Great game. There is a spot on top of the PVM that I am keeping clear, waiting on a package of fun from UPS.

I've been debating starting this very thread, but I wasn't sure if there was enough interest. I'm glad to see there's at least some.

I also can't think of any other 2D Sega arcade fighters. Frankly, I'm not sure whether The Duel was on ST-V or Saturn first, so it might not even be truly arcade-focused. Konami had at least a couple, but I don't think Sega did.

4. According to wiki, which I realize isn't the best resource, it was arcade first.
    Even with Konami all I could come up with was Yie Ar Kung Fu and Martial Champion.

5. Honestly I really want an Alien arcade machine like Yoshi got.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name
    Anyway, I was talking with a nerd last night and he asked this question: What 2D arcade fighting games did Sega produce other than Golden Axe The Duel. I couldn't think of any. Were there any?
    Burning Rival. Dark Edge has 2d sprites but 3d gameplay.

And Konami also has Galactic Warriors.
    Last edited by NeoZeedeater; 23 Apr 2015 at 12:52 PM.

I have a Raiden II in an MKII cab and a dead mini centipede. I've thought about pulling the Raiden board and building a dedicated coffee table box for it that I can plug an arcade stick in. Maybe restore or sell the mk2 cab.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    According to wiki, which I realize isn't the best resource, it was arcade first.
    Even with Konami all I could come up with was Yie Ar Kung Fu and Martial Champion.
    I wasn't thinking far enough back for Yie Ar Kung Fu. The other one I had in mind besides Martial Champion was Monster Maulers.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    Burning Rival
    I'll be damned.

edit: There is another Konami one: Dragoon Might.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 23 Apr 2015 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Honestly I really want an Alien arcade machine like Yoshi got.
    I made a list of arcade exclusives I had to have and further shortened it to horizontal orientation for now (since I'm not in a hurry to rotate the monitor). Aliens was one of a half dozen or less left.

Unfortunately, since that time I had the epiphany that exclusivity doesn't matter, because how often is a port perfect? Even if it is, would you rather play it on your TV or a 29" tri-sync CRT? That is dangerous to my net worth, unless we start counting PCBs as investments.

They are, a little. But will you want to sell?