Page 50 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3646484950515254 ... LastLast

Thread: Baltimore: Implosion Central

2. And people wonder why the cops in Baltimore might be a wee bit on edge in general.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

3. Ok, it's not the cops killing people. The best thing for the police to do is go on strike like Robocop and let it work itself out.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

I'll bet buttplant could design Baltimore's own ED-209/crab hybrid to keep the peace.

edit: This is what they need:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Crab_mecha_rocket_canisters.gif 
Views:	200 
Size:	971.1 KB 
ID:	76807  

5. Holy shit, yes. Baltimore PD should hire SNK as consultants.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

6. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I'll bet buttplant could design Baltimore's own ED-209/crab hybrid to keep the peace.

edit: This is what they need:

Looks like Metal Slug but too large for Metal Slug...

It's from 7/XX, which is why it's not low res.

edit: Oh, shit. Here's the one in Ravens' colors:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Darkcrab2cn0.gif 
Views:	505 
Size:	871.3 KB 
ID:	76808  

It's Baltimore. It won't work properly after a week or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    I watched Do the Right Thing again. This movie is so amazing and answers a problem Euro-Americans still fail to understand 25 years later. Spike Lee quipped only white critics asked if Mookie 'did the right thing' by tossing a trash can into the shop window and diverting the violence from Sal or if he just escalated the violence? Blacks never asked that question. It's the still unresolved issue of lives vs property. And that's the unresolved conflict with whites & blacks in America.

European society built cities and used currency and had this ever dying thirst to advance it's society. They sprawled out on new land so more individuals could build new homes, new cities, new nations. Where the Africans lived in small groups content with basic life. Then the Africans were kidnapped and forced into this society, forced to contribute to it's development, then denied any of it's rewards.

Eventually, this was found wrong by the Europeans and they freed the Africans, but they never sent them home. They kept them here in limbo, in purgatory. For another century, through discrimination and segregation, they may have been 'free' but they were still denied the rewards of their efforts.

That crushed spirit remains today and is why African Americans see property as less valuable than life. For Europeans, for Sal, his shop was not just property, but his life's work, his purpose in society, and the inheritance to his children, an ongoing legacy. To Mookie, and the block, it was something they were never a part of and never will be. They riot because their lives are what they have and the society around them is representive of the centuries long progress created by their oppression, so to Hell with it. Burn the fucker down!

its still pretty much a class issue. Poor whites don't have a lot of respect for the things other people own, either.

But that is really a chicken and the egg kind of thing. Do poor people stay poor because they are so horrible with resources, or are they so horrible with resources because they are poor and have so little?