Page 1 of 21 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: This Month's Haul: May the Fourth Be With You 2015

This Month's Haul: May the Fourth Be With You 2015

2. What kind of card are you replacing?

3. I just activated my free Witcher 3 the other day, and I had forgotten that GOG is where The Tesla Effect was. I hope the preload they will be doing is actually full size.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    What kind of card are you replacing?
    660 Ti

Quote Originally Posted by cigsthecat View Post
    I just activated my free Witcher 3 the other day, and I had forgotten that GOG is where The Tesla Effect was. I hope the preload they will be doing is actually full size.
    This is their game, so I doubt they'll hose it up.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 01 May 2015 at 09:22 PM.

5. I thought I'd owned a copy of City of God, turns out no! This has been rectified thanks to a going-out-of-business video store.

(edit: are attachements still fucked? I can't resize the City of God poster)

Stumbled on a copy of Arnold's Total Body Workout on CD, it is GOLD and you should listen to it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

6. that ain't no deal

7. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	600.png 
Views:	153 
Size:	197.2 KB 
ID:	76586
    You're pairing that with a 4790k, right?

Not yet. My five year-old 1100T Black still runs everything I throw at it, despite Opaque's nonsense claim a couple years back that multi-core was stupid. I'm saving the full case/mobo/CPU/second 970 upgrade for Win10 and/or VR later this year. With any luck, the next generation CPUs will be available by then.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Not yet. My five year-old 1100T Black still runs everything I throw at it, despite Opaque's nonsense claim a couple years back that multi-core was stupid. I'm saving the full case/mobo/CPU/second 970 upgrade for Win10 and/or VR later this year. With any luck, the next generation CPUs will be available by then.
    Yeah, it was getting to the point where games like Far Cry 4, Watch Dogs and Crysis 3 were a bit too much for my 2500k, even at 4.7 Ghz. My 780 runs a lot better with the additional threads of the i7(i7-980s are still badass). I'm guessing that in a year or 2, we'll start to see more games requiring more than 4 cores to run with optimal performance. It'll be interesting to see what AMD has in store for 2016 and how much of an improvement Skylake will bring.
    Last edited by gamevet; 03 May 2015 at 04:25 PM.