Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Detroit?

1. Detroit?

I'm thinking of dropping into Detroit for a day or two to catch a Tigers game.

Anything worth seeing (aside from crime and decay)?

(Why Detroit, you ask? Just wanna go some where quickly in the car that doesn't require driving for a whole day. I'll do a Chicago or New York trip later this year. Plus, I'm going to Montreal that weekend.)

2. I just passed through it to go to Lansing. I liked London.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

If I were you I'd go to the DIA and see The Thinker and other nice things it has before it all gets plundered and dispersed. I also make a point to go to John K King Used Books off of Lafayette every time I happen to be there.

The decay that's worth seeing are the big landmarks of MCS and Packard Plant, especially the latter as it just gets worse with each passing day.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    I just passed through it to go to Lansing. I liked London.
    I'm disappointed in you, Doc.

I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

5. Look up my friend Clarence. He never misses a Tigers game.

6. Go see that Robocop statue and take pictures.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

7. Best idea so far.

8. There's a cool, large statue of Joe Louis in the Cobo centre. Lay down in front of it and take a picture like he knocked you out.

I have to confess I saw this thread title and just assumed something Baltimore-esque was going on there. I still didn't care enough to actually click on it until the next day.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There's a cool, large statue of Joe Louis in the Cobo centre.
    Chocobo center?!

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Cobo centre.
    Oh.