Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: World's Top 100 Favorite Anime

1. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    That's something I like about it. It's got some life-livin' going on that's not about the main plot.
    I can kinda see this now that you've called attention to it. Guess I'm becoming insensible to that kind of thing as I age.

I think this is getting to why you like that freewheelin' '70s Kerouac stuff and why I am nonplussed by Easy Rider.

2. Sometimes you just need that three-act structure, some times it just doesn't satisfy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. Bebop does good because of the extra life stuff (and the same moment Yeller mentioned is by far the best of the series), but there's way too much of it. It's a series that could've lost like 10 episodes or so and no one would've ever noticed.

4. I'd trade the Vicious melodrama stuff for "Mushroom Samba", "Cowboy Funk" or "Toys in the Attic" without losing any sleep over it. None of those are "plot" episodes and they're all pretty great.

The stuff something like "Firefly" is supposedly so good at, Bebop got to first and better IMO.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 09 May 2015 at 07:49 PM.

So which Cowboy Bebop episodes should I watch?

6. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    I'd trade the Vicious melodrama stuff for "Mushroom Samba", "Cowboy Funk" or "Toys in the Attic" without losing any sleep over it. None of those are "plot" episodes and they're all pretty great.
    14 episodes would cover all the plot and still leave plenty of room. Faye's VHS episode was also great.

7. There's this thing called "Cowboy Bebop Best Sessions" that is for you.

8. I love all the goofball eps yeller named. It's the bounty eps that wear thin. Heavy Metal Queen comes to mind.

9. I liked the Woody Allen bad guy in that one a lot. Great soundtrack too!

I think the setting has a lot going for it, I liked seeing more of that world every ep.

Samurai Champloo, on the other hand, I can't get into at all despite being very similar in a lot of ways.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 09 May 2015 at 08:24 PM.

10. I love the side episodes of Bebop! It shows what the cast does and that there is also a main, bad ass story arc behind it. It's such a satisfying ending. Space Dandy is very similar. There's a lot of crazy stand alone episodes that explore the wilder science theories out there. They let their writers go nuts by not worrying about continuity as sometimes main characters don't live through an episode. I had no idea how they were going to end it and was totally stoked by how they brought together many concepts that I didn't see a connection to into a complete and satisfying finale.

I haven't rewatched Champloo and I've been meaning to.