Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: Playing the Stalk Market

1. by the way I have not heard of this "Stalk Market" pun but I have to assume this wasn't some IP level stuff

are you stalking companies?

2. Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    EA + Star Wars seems like an obvious market win too, but how much of that bump happened when the initial announcement was made? To be honest, I don't consider any of these blue chips that I'd hold for the long haul, so I'm more looking for something I can hold until the capital gains become long-term but not much longer.
    Yup, I do think holding it for 12 months should be safe if the market doesn't tank. They just had a great quarter and SW will definitely boost their revenue next spring.

I bought AMD about 1.5 years ago and I held onto it for too long because of the capital gains tax... I should have sold when it is at $4.

4. Do you still have it? They may turn things around once their Zen architecture hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    by the way I have not heard of this "Stalk Market" pun but I have to assume this wasn't some IP level stuff

are you stalking companies?
    God you're so horrible.

6. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    Do you still have it? They may turn things around once their Zen architecture hits.
    Yes, still have them. I bought it very low and I am breaking even. I will wait it out, it is not much money anyway.

Be careful, gentlemen.

If you ever listen to anything I say, listen to this. Don't get emotionally attached to your investments.

I think that's good advice. However, it never hurts to know something about what you're investing in, and we probably follow some of these companies closer than most brokers do by more than a little.

Agreed. It's a fine line.

Nintendo announced that they would not have any NX, mobile, or Quality of Life announcements at E3. Probably not coincidentally, their stock is down ~$1. I don't view this as a surprise at all, so I am glad to see the stock down, as it reduces my price of potential entry. I think 2016 is going to be a very strong year for them.