Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 345679 ... LastLast

Thread: Playing the Stalk Market

1. It doesn't look bad, it basically outperforms the S&P slightly. If S&P do well, this fund will do well.

2. and if it's not, then this will lose more money

so as long as you keep with it and don't lose at the end, you're good

3. Depends, if bond market doesn't tank like now, then it could still outperform S&P in a down market. At least that is the theory but if the whole world goes to shit, then I hope you have some vintage videogames.

The market is getting hammered today, which is making me want to jump in and save a few bucks. My current plan is to hedge my Nintendo bet with a roughly equal dollar amount in Disney, which seems like about as sure a bet as exists in the market.

edit: I'm in on Disney at $109.31. I have to wait three days for the transfer to fully clear to get Nintendo though, since it's foreign. Disney has quicker rebound potential anyway, so if I had to wait on one, I'd have picked Nintendo anyway.

I can't believe people are actually dinging Disney for Tomorrowland, which no one cares about, when Age of Ultron just made $1.3B and Star Wars is VII months away.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 26 May 2015 at 12:23 PM.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    The market is getting hammered today, which is making me want to jump in and save a few bucks. My current plan is to hedge my Nintendo bet with a roughly equal dollar amount in Disney, which seems like about as sure a bet as exists in the market.

edit: I'm in on Disney at $109.31. I have to wait three days for the transfer to fully clear to get Nintendo though, since it's foreign. Disney has quicker rebound potential anyway, so if I had to wait on one, I'd have picked Nintendo anyway.

I can't believe people are actually dinging Disney for Tomorrowland, which no one cares about, when Age of Ultron just made $1.3B and Star Wars is VII months away.
    Seriously, Tomorrowland isn't a John Carter level meltdown, and even then it's in a world where they're making money hand over first in all other aspects.

Edit: Wait, it might be. John Carter did 73.1m, Tomorrowland is only at 32.1m (Which took home top box office, but still seems low).
    Last edited by Chux; 26 May 2015 at 12:28 PM.

When Star Wars does $2B, no one will remember.

7. Rational people won't. Sure.

8. Success of Star Wars is already priced into stock.

At some level, yes.

10. When we were in the computer lab as a kid, they wanted to teach us about the stock market with some of these programs and I just wanted to cane the hell out of Number Munchers.

I was right