Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Assassin's Creed Syndicate

1. Well it's not going to revolutionize how people see the series. Other than the grapple the gameplay is pretty much the same as Unity. So if you don't like AC games this isn't for you.

Kind of interested just for London. I staid a week across the water from big ben at a pup, south of waterloo station. It would be interesting to see how much they got right, or if they just flubbed it.

3. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    Assassins vs. Templars collecting famous objects from history that are actually super powerful alien artifacts. They made a video game system that uses Jung's idea of genetic memory to play video games of their ancestors to figure out where the artifacts were hidden.

AssCreed 1-3 were about saving the world. Currently there is no real storyline since the world was saved, so they're about the Templars releasing the latest video game that you the player who is you the video game avatar playing a video game inside the video game for ultimate purposes unknown.
    You missed the progenitor species sci-fi trope (they're not aliens) and ACs are like the Magical Schoolbus where the person you play as happens to meet everyone important for that time and happens to be a part of every historical event of that time (worst offender was ACIII).

"Hey guy, let's set off the Boston Massacre, do the Boston Tea Party, and then hang with Franklin and Washington."
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

I wouldn't have the balls to do that.

I've thought about making a cooking game set in ww2 germany with rpg maker. I wouldn't dare make anyone famous have an extended role.

Political personalities are manufactured. Biographies trump up an image. How would you be able to write the historical figure correctly? And when you do it wrongly you risk killing the immersion for the player. So why bother?

IMO its far better to read a lot of 1st source material and write original characters in the middle. Thats where the truth often is, and you're less likely to kill the immersion factor.

5. So I'm getting close to the end of the main story now, and I have to say this has been perhaps the most frustrating AC game I've ever played. Unity was a little bit frustrating because it was an un-optimized mess, but this doesn't have that excuse. They've taken a game where combat was basically button mash intensive and turned it into something where it matters a lot when you press buttons. I don't know that more time in the shop would have solved these problems either, I think this is just how they decided the game should be played this time around.

6. It's always kind of mattered when you pressed buttons during the combat, they've just made it matter a little more. I'm a couple hours in and been spending a bunch of time running around London. I think the free run here works a lot better than it did in Unity. I'm liking some of the changed up missions and things you need to do.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Error View Post
    They've taken a game where combat was basically button mash intensive and turned it into something where it matters a lot when you press buttons.
    The bastards.

8. Look I know it sounds dumb. But the whole series has practically been button mash, and so I've become a highly trained Assassin using the button mash technique. And now they've gone and changed it.

9. I don't remember any of the games playing like that at all. I always felt like Rocksteady's Batman games basically fine-tuned AC's combat system. Mashing buttons always seemed like a great way to get overwhelmed by a mob.

10. I REALLY like this game. I think I'm nearing the end and have been enjoying the fuck out of 1800s London. I know there's a ton of other games like Fallout and Tomb Raider I want to get to but damn is this good. Give it a shot sometime you may like it.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle