Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 818202122232426 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 TNL Fantasy Football

1. Ugh.

2. GG Wasabi.

Looks like we'll be seeing each other soon in a first round playoff matchup.

3. Congrats to those of you who made the playoffs. I'll just be sitting over here wondering what the hell happened to my team.

This seems like as good a time as any to make the announcement, but this will be my final season as both commissioner and an owner in this league. I had actually planned to step down after last season but forgot about it and didn't want to bow out once the season neared with collecting dues and the like. This apathy was probably pretty apparent this season, and I haven't even watched a single game the last two weeks.

I will be doing my best to acquire the #1 pick for a potential replacement owner, because that's the right thing to do.

Instead of holding back the $35 from the top four as in prior years to facilitate next year's dues, I'll be paying out the full amount. If there is a new commissioner, he can figure out a system that works for him for next year.

It's been a mostly enjoyable ride over the last several years, so thank you to everyone who has participated, especially those that have been here since the beginning.

I'll still miss Advocate's money.

5. oh jesus. welp, time to go out as the eternal champion.

thanks for everything, yoshi. you've done a great job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.

6. Of course I come into the league and now the commissioner is leaving. I blame me too.

Sucks you're leaving Yoshi, but if it's no fun you shouldn't do it anymore. I know Rhydant really wanted to get into this league, so just throwing him out there.

7. yoshi - obviously, if someone else steps in as commish, you should consider whether to stick around as an owner if you're inclined at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.

I'm definitely done. The commissioner stuff is mildly annoying a couple times a year, but I wouldn't mind it if I really wanted to keep playing. I'll probably play fantasy baseball in the spring... but not on ESPN.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I'm definitely done. The commissioner stuff is mildly annoying a couple times a year, but I wouldn't mind it if I really wanted to keep playing. I'll probably play fantasy baseball in the spring... but not on ESPN.
    Sorry to hear that, this was one of the more interesting leagues I've played in.

I'm in for TNL fantasy baseball though.

10. Wow. End of an era. The Jurassic Era I suppose. You've been a good commish, not too Bettman, not too Goodell, just the right amount of Kenesaw Mountain Landis.