Page 32 of 47 FirstFirst ... 182830313233343646 ... LastLast

Thread: Doom (PC, PS4, One, Switch)

Yeah, it had some quake 2

2. I'm 8 levels in and I didn't think too much of this game at first. But now, holy shit it's awesome! It really does feel like a true sequel to the original 2. I love blasting the Cacodemons! That hell level is incredible, even the music kicked ass. I sure hope I go back.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

3. I'm at level 11 now on Hurt Me Plenty. There is a return trip to hell later on. Precision Shot mode on the Gauss Cannon (railgun) is the shit, especially when you behead a Hell Knight with it.

The new Doom does feel like Doom, but with some Hard Reset elements (i.e. weapon and suit customization, some spots that you can't leave until all enemies are dead). Good combination. IMO, this is to original Doom as Shadow Warrior (2013) is to its OG counterpart. Midair Glory Kill on the Cacodemons FTW.

4. I played waaay too much yesterday and finished it. Super shotgun fully upgraded + full ammo upgraded = I win.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

5. The pistol sucks, but I did use it to kill a Mancubus with the help of a Quad Damage.
    I gave up on the Gore Pinata challenge (kill 3 enemies with a frag grenade). It's probably best to stagger enemies close together before attempting this one, then drop a grenade in the middle of the group rather than GKing them.

Now I've tried Siege Mode on the Gauss cannon, and the damage isn't bad. Sometimes it may be worth taking a hit to use this.

If you do the precision bold mod and charge the Guass cannon does INSANE damage. Like, kill a Baron of Hell in a couple of shots damage.

7. I rocked that. And if you get the Rich Get Richer, then you have infinte ammo as long as you have armor over 100

That sounds gloriously game breaking.

9. Never really bothered with RGR, since taking something out with the chainsaw is very good for restoring ammo. Inflight Mobility was very useful and I kept it all the way after I got it.
    Just finished this on Hurt Me Plenty. Sure wouldn't mind an expansion pack for this later on.

BTW, someone is working on Brutal Doom 64. This isn't a mod for the N64 ROM, it's a PC version being made for GZDoom/Zandronum. There's enhanced lighting, and more gore. It's still a very early alpha ATM.

10. So, this is really rather good!

I keep forgetting I have grenades.
    Boo, Hiss.