Page 1 of 47 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Doom (PC, PS4, One, Switch)

1. Doom (PC, PS4, One, Switch)

There's a quick little 'teaser of a teaser' clip up. Am I wrong in thinking this doesn't look especially different from Doom 3?

D3 didn't age particularly well and FAST, but playing it with a good set of speakers on the day it came out, in the dark, was a very great and memorable survival horror sort of game experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. Guess I should redeem that beta code soon.

A trailer for a trailer. That's exactly what we need.

4. Well it's what we're getting.

5. That character model looks wild. Lots of special effects in that shot, I'm sure they'll strut their stuff on the 14th.

6. The graphics don't do much for me, but the old-school character design and crunchy guitar are screaming throwback to me, which could be fun, if handled right.

This has had a very, very troubled dev cycle, so I can't really get excited until I see something solid.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    That character model looks wild. Lots of special effects in that shot, I'm sure they'll strut their stuff on the 14th.
    You really think so? That character model looks just exactly like Doom 3 with more model geometry to me. The thought behind the design hasn't changed an iota.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    The graphics don't do much for me, but the old-school character design and crunchy guitar are screaming throwback to me, which could be fun, if handled right.

This has had a very, very troubled dev cycle, so I can't really get excited until I see something solid.
    It's still Machinegames, yeah? After TNO they get an automatic approval from me until proven otherwise. Hope this isn't it.

Edit: Just let this be similar to the Wolfenstein renaissance. Use the paper thin plots of D1/D2. Start off in the mars base and end off kicking the demon's ass all the way back to hell on a ruined earth.
    Last edited by Chux; 18 May 2015 at 12:53 PM.

9. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    You really think so? That character model looks just exactly like Doom 3 with more model geometry to me. The thought behind the design hasn't changed an iota.
    I like that it looks like a physical model walking. D3 looks very flat now, that thing above has all sorts of tight texture and concise modeling all over the limbs. The skull looks cool and raw, I dig the mean looking design on the guns and the lighting effects show off the bulky harness with all it's ridges strapped onto him. It looks very three dimensional to me. I don't mind that the design language hasn't changed much, I want Doom to look like Doom. I hope they can get a shit load of monsters on screen at once.

10. This game will probably be 80.65 GB, get your HD anuses ready.