Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 324244454647 LastLast

Thread: Doom (PC, PS4, One, Switch)

1. I really didn’t need all this traversal bullshit.
    Boo, Hiss.

2. I don’t mind the traversal shit. The combat gets too fucking nuts. I just wanna blast shit but constantly having to get ammo and health is annoying as fuck later on. Let me fight these bigger fucks and not worry about finding the few little fucks around to get 2 shotgun shells. Sure is fun to be out of ammo and chainsaw gas, so I can’t get more ammo.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

3. Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiMoogle View Post
    I’m playing also. What are you talking about? I’ve been killing demons on earth and now I’m killing demons on mars.
    Later on in the game you go elsewhere. And they add all this bullshit backstory the game does not need. The best thing about Doom and the remake were the simplicity. No bullshit.

Just keep playing.

Having said that I have kept playing, because I will not yield to the bullshit. Wait till y'all meet the Marauder. Mother-fucker.

4. I thought about getting this for PC, but with everyone closing I don’t know how long until I’m not able to work. It’s time to save my money. I still haven’t finished DOOM 2016, though I was close to the end.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Error View Post
    Later on in the game you go elsewhere. And they add all this bullshit backstory the game does not need. The best thing about Doom and the remake were the simplicity. No bullshit.

Just keep playing.

Having said that I have kept playing, because I will not yield to the bullshit. Wait till y'all meet the Marauder. Mother-fucker.
    Oh I’m definitely at or passed what your talking about. The marauder was hard enough as a boss now he just spawns in with that treaded smash tv reject. Annoying. Playing doom 64 and it’s more satisfying just to fucking blast shit.

6. Screw it! I ended up getting the game for the PC. There's no longer an option for Open GL or Vulkan. Is this strickly a Vulkan title?

The Brain dude kicks my ass. It's bad enough when I have to challenge it in a contained area where I can't strafe around it to get out of the line of fire.

7. Does anyone else think that the narrator for DOOM Eternal sounds like Loc-Nar from Heavy Metal?

8. Finished it. I like it but some of the later battles are just too much. I played this on easy, can’t imagine how frustrating this must be on harder difficulties. Just too much going on for my slow ass.

9. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Screw it! I ended up getting the game for the PC. There's no longer an option for Open GL or Vulkan. Is this strickly a Vulkan title?
    I believe this one is Vulkan only, yeah.

10. Yeah, it’s Vulkan only.

My older rig with the GTX 780 had trouble running this game at 1080p/60 with the lowest settings. You really need a GPU with at least 4GB of VRAM.