Page 45 of 47 FirstFirst ... 31414344454647 LastLast

Thread: Doom (PC, PS4, One, Switch)

1. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    Necro Bump. Picked this up for the Switch today. This is my 1st foray into this title seeing as I skipped it on the PS4 and Xbone. I am really, really impressed how clean this looks.
    if you want to play it on a real system it regularly hits 20 bucks on steam during the season sales

2. PCMR can fuck off.

If you buy this on Switch you're conceding its inferiority.

I have the Switch version, it's my first time playing it, it looks great on handheld. Perfect game for long weeks away from home.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

3. Quote Originally Posted by cka View Post
    if you want to play it on a real system it regularly hits 20 bucks on steam during the season sales
    That would probably involve getting a PC powerful enough to run this game. Truth be told I've been planning to upgrade for a long time but I'm nowhere near knowledgeable as I was years ago about building a solid budget gaming PC.

As for the Switch version of this game, It runs smooth as fuck even at 30FPS so I have zero complaints about it. I was surprised at a day one patch but honestly I had a feeling it was going to happen.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

4. Quote Originally Posted by cka View Post
    I think the base price is $20 now, no?

Anyway, I have this on PC. But I want to play it on the train, and I don't care if I have to play it at 30fps or pay a few extra bucks to do it. It that I think this is the ideal way to play, but I'll trade fidelity for convenience.

5. Picked up Eternal. Playing through the single player. Haven't finished the campaign yet, but as it progresses it's getting more and more wtf. And not in a good way. Go to mars, kill demons. Go to earth, kill demons. How fucking hard is that/

6. Huh?

7. Quote Originally Posted by Error View Post
    Picked up Eternal. Playing through the single player. Haven't finished the campaign yet, but as it progresses it's getting more and more wtf. And not in a good way. Go to mars, kill demons. Go to earth, kill demons. How fucking hard is that/
    I’m playing also. What are you talking about? I’ve been killing demons on earth and now I’m killing demons on mars.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

8. Did they do away with the stupid lockdown rooms where you have to kill a bunch of enemies before you can leave?
    That was the worst part of Doom 2016 for me.

9. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    Did they do away with the stupid lockdown rooms where you have to kill a bunch of enemies before you can leave?
    That was the worst part of Doom 2016 for me.
    That’s all the game is. Huge kill arena, then explore. Repeat.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

10. I played enough to get the rocket launcher. The game will put hair on the chest of a baby.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle