Page 7 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: Doom (PC, PS4, One, Switch)

1. 18 Minutes of Doom 4 gameplay

Some splatterrific chainsaw action begins @ 6:30.
    It looks like what Doom 3 should have been, with more combat.

2. I think it looks really cool. Nice that they ripped off incorporated stuff from Brutal Doom. I also like the slowdown effect when changing weapons.

That Cyberdemon design, tho...
    Last edited by Dolemite; 30 Jun 2015 at 08:29 AM.

3. I think this game looks great.

4. It just struck me: has any game as huge as Doom ever been so restrained with pumping out sequels?

I mean, the only one I can think of is Metroid, since it always seems we are starved for a new Metroid game. But no. There are a million Metroid games in comparison to Doom.

There is Star Fox...but it is nowhere near as big as Doom. And it still has more than 4 games.

How do they have this much restraint?

5. Half Life? But even that, iconic as it is, isn't "my mom knows what it is" iconic.

6. Doom 2 was so close to Doom 1 also...and was a retail 'expansion' really
    So you have 3 games that are a decade apart basically

7. Quote Originally Posted by gameoverDude View Post

Some splatterrific chainsaw action begins @ 6:30.
    It looks like what Doom 3 should have been, with more combat.
    Well, it looks way way way way better than Doom 3. Jury is out on if it beats Doom 1 and 2. Chainsaw looks like good fun. The monster ripping off the hero's hands and beating him with them was a nice touch. The game in general seems to be action instead of boo jump scare.

Sooo...high hopes!

8. I'm not much for mindless shooters, but I gotta admit, this looks great.

Doom, Doom 2, The Ultimate Doom, The Master Levels for Doom II, Final Doom, Doom 3, Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil, Doom RPG, Doom RPG II, Doom 3: BFG Edition, and now Doom 4. There's a lot more Doom out there than you might think.

Deus Ex, on the other hand, is far more restrained: Deux Ex, Deus Ex: Invisible War, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Deus Ex: The Fall, and now Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.

10. Quote Originally Posted by bVork View Post
    Doom, Doom 2, The Ultimate Doom, The Master Levels for Doom II, Final Doom, Doom 3, Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil, Doom RPG, Doom RPG II, Doom 3: BFG Edition, and now Doom 4. There's a lot more Doom out there than you might think.
    I guess I'll give you Doom RPG as, like, half a Doom...And we all forgot Doom 64.

But all that other bullshit is really just Doom 1, 2, and 3.