Thread: Liquor Thread

1. Liquor Thread

Hey, so I think we have a thread for everything but this; it makes sense that it's started by an Australian.

I've been getting into Negronis lately. Any advice on the best gin or sweet vermouth to use?

Attached Images Attached Images
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

Part of me thinks that Arjue might have started the other one, so this is perfect.

3. The other one's off-topic as hell anyway, might as well nuke the site etc etc

Getchoo some Hendrick's and some Martini-brand vermouth.

You can use a better vermouth if you want to be a Mixology Princess, but really you should be using so little it hardly matters, just put some in a spray-mister and zap the glass with it once.

Too much vermouth and you're just wasting the gin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. Can't say I've heard of a Negroni.

I've gotten into Pimm's. It's like gun. Try that.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

5. Definitely go for Hendricks, it's the king of gins. Aside from that, i think gin is pretty forgiving as long as you don't go dirt cheap.

Last spirit I was drinking was barrel aged homebrew Rakija at a friends house. It's firewater, but the barrel aging really mellows it out and makes it taste nice, instead of it tasting like methylated spirits and aniseed.

6. Tanqueray gin is what I've been using for G&Ts. Not bad at all.

7. Yeah, as long as you're buying mid range that isn't Navy Style gin is hard to fuck up too bad.
    Boo, Hiss.

8. Plastic bottle gin is god's way of saying he doesn't exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

9. Tried some Lillet Blanc. Love it. Now I'm thinking I might go fix a Vesper sometime.
    3 measures of gin (likely the Tanq, my favorite), 1 measure of vodka, and 1/2 a measure of the Lillet.